• Happy Offseason! 2013 TwinsCentric Offseason Handbook Is Released!

    We're VERY happy to announce that we have released the TwinsCentric 2013 Offseason Handbook! If you pre-ordered, you should have already received your email with download instructions.

    If you haven't - we're sorry, but the pre-sale discount price of $6.95 has expired. It is now full price, but that still means just $9.95 to help the offseason be nearly as much fun (and in the Twins case, probably more fun) than the season.

    Add to Cart

    This marks the fourth iteration of our increasingly popular annual offseason guide, and we're focused on making it our best yet. As usual, we'll be putting you in the shoes of the Twins' general manager with this jam-packed ebook, providing all the resources necessary to make the offseason fly by.

    Among the sections housed within, you'll find:

    • a foreword by Aaron Gleeman
    • a detailed organizational depth chart,
    • an in-depth interview with Terry Ryan,
    • listings of free agents at every position (including the crowded starting pitching market),
    • various trade targets,
    • reviews of the other teams in the division,
    • essays on hot offseason topics, and
    • tons more.


    It's all delivered with the signature analysis and snark you've come to expect from the TwinsCentric goofs, and with a much-improved visual presentation. (Just check out the accompanying example to see what we mean.) We're confident that it will be the best baseball investment you’ll make this year.

    Still a little leery about buying an e-book? We get it. How about a free sample? For those who are interested, download a sample of the 2013 Offseason Handbook now. We’re confident you’ll see what we’re talking about.

    Add to Cart

    or DOWNLOAD A SAMPLE


    The Handbook is going to be an fun, engrossing, comprehensive read and an indispensable tool for wannabe GMs and casual fans alike as we enter a hugely important offseason. Don't be left behind – click below to order your copy (or copies!) with PayPal or a credit card through our simple and secure checkout process.


    Add to Cart

    View Cart


    Comments 60 Comments
    1. Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
      Brock Beauchamp -
      I can't wait to design the hell out of this thing. For you forum junkies who don't read the front page, here is the link to order the 2013 Handbook. It's gonna be awesome.

      https://www.e-junkie.com/ecom/gb.php...=cart&cl=76672
    1. Twins Twerp's Avatar
      Twins Twerp -
      Is there a discount for twinsdaily.com members? How about poor first year teachers?
    1. Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
      Brock Beauchamp -
      Quote Originally Posted by Twins Twerp View Post
      Is there a discount for twinsdaily.com members? How about poor first year teachers?
      There is a $3 discount for pre-ordering.
    1. gil4's Avatar
      gil4 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Twins Twerp View Post
      How about poor first year teachers?
      They might consider a discount for good first year teachers. (Sorry - I couldn't resist)
    1. jorgenswest's Avatar
      jorgenswest -
      Great book last year.

      A suggestion...

      Last year you did a reasonable job projecting contracts. However, I think you need to do a little more work considering what it might take for a player to sign with the Twins. Unless you believe that the Twins are an equally attractive place to sign a contract, your blue prints should reflect the premium the Twins might have to pay to persuade a free agent to join the organization.
    1. John Bonnes's Avatar
      John Bonnes -
      Quote Originally Posted by jorgenswest View Post
      Great book last year.

      A suggestion...

      Last year you did a reasonable job projecting contracts. However, I think you need to do a little more work considering what it might take for a player to sign with the Twins. Unless you believe that the Twins are an equally attractive place to sign a contract, your blue prints should reflect the premium the Twins might have to pay to persuade a free agent to join the organization.
      What evidence is there that this is the case? The Twins signed Willlingham at a reasonable price, Doumit too. Maybe Carroll.
    1. joegrzenda's Avatar
      joegrzenda -
      Hi—

      Will the Offseason Handbook be a printable PDF or an e-book that doesn't allow printing?

      I like to print it out for easy reading.

      Thanks,
      Peter
    1. Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
      Brock Beauchamp -
      Quote Originally Posted by joegrzenda View Post
      Hi—

      Will the Offseason Handbook be a printable PDF or an e-book that doesn't allow printing?

      I like to print it out for easy reading.

      Thanks,
      Peter
      There will be no DRM of any kind on the Handbook. Print away.
    1. fittdogg's Avatar
      fittdogg -
      Will this be an electronic or hard copy?
    1. Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
      Brock Beauchamp -
      Quote Originally Posted by fittdogg View Post
      Will this be an electronic or hard copy?
      Electronic.

      If it was a paper book, it would cost at least $40.
    1. SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
      SpiritofVodkaDave -
      Will there be a chapter dedicated to signing mark derosa? If so I will just pay full $9.99 cost, if not then I will just pre order.

      Thank you
    1. jorgenswest's Avatar
      jorgenswest -
      Quote Originally Posted by John Bonnes View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by jorgenswest View Post
      Great book last year.

      A suggestion...

      Last year you did a reasonable job projecting contracts. However, I think you need to do a little more work considering what it might take for a player to sign with the Twins. Unless you believe that the Twins are an equally attractive place to sign a contract, your blue prints should reflect the premium the Twins might have to pay to persuade a free agent to join the organization.
      What evidence is there that this is the case? The Twins signed Willlingham at a reasonable price, Doumit too. Maybe Carroll.
      I think there is plenty of evidence that the more attractive organizations more successfully sign free agents.

      Why sign with the Twins?

      Their record over the last two years? The coaching staff? The medical staff? Endorsement opportunities?

      Be realistic. The only way for the Twins to separate themselves is to offer more money or more years. That should be reflected in your blue prints.
    1. jorgenswest's Avatar
      jorgenswest -
      Quote Originally Posted by John Bonnes View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by jorgenswest View Post
      Great book last year.

      A suggestion...

      Last year you did a reasonable job projecting contracts. However, I think you need to do a little more work considering what it might take for a player to sign with the Twins. Unless you believe that the Twins are an equally attractive place to sign a contract, your blue prints should reflect the premium the Twins might have to pay to persuade a free agent to join the organization.
      What evidence is there that this is the case? The Twins signed Willlingham at a reasonable price, Doumit too. Maybe Carroll.
      I hope you are right about Willingham, but it is a little early to know that he will continue to be productive for two more years. Look at his drop the over the final two months with an OPS in the 750s. Look at his defense. There is no guarantee that we will look back at this contract two years from now and say that it was a reasonable deal

      As for Carroll, how many other starting shortstop offers do you think came his way? Most teams believe Doumit has little defensive ability some needed to find a DH job. How many offers do you think he was juggling?

      If it is your argument that the Twins can sign players that few other teams want to reasonable contracts, we agree.
    1. BrentMpls's Avatar
      BrentMpls -
      Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by fittdogg View Post
      Will this be an electronic or hard copy?
      Electronic.

      If it was a paper book, it would cost at least $40.

      O_o
    1. GCTF's Avatar
      GCTF -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
      Will there be a chapter dedicated to signing mark derosa? If so I will just pay full $9.99 cost, if not then I will just pre order.

      Thank you
      VodkaDave off season handbook

      Step 1. Sign Mark DeRosa (whatever it takes)
      Step 2. Watch the wins pile up.
      Step 3 Plan parade route.
      Step 4 Laugh at dopes who purchased bloggers off season handbook.
    1. PopRiveter's Avatar
      PopRiveter -
      Quote Originally Posted by jorgenswest View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by John Bonnes View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by jorgenswest View Post
      Great book last year.

      A suggestion...

      Last year you did a reasonable job projecting contracts. However, I think you need to do a little more work considering what it might take for a player to sign with the Twins. Unless you believe that the Twins are an equally attractive place to sign a contract, your blue prints should reflect the premium the Twins might have to pay to persuade a free agent to join the organization.
      What evidence is there that this is the case? The Twins signed Willlingham at a reasonable price, Doumit too. Maybe Carroll.
      I hope you are right about Willingham, but it is a little early to know that he will continue to be productive for two more years. Look at his drop the over the final two months with an OPS in the 750s. Look at his defense. There is no guarantee that we will look back at this contract two years from now and say that it was a reasonable deal

      As for Carroll, how many other starting shortstop offers do you think came his way? Most teams believe Doumit has little defensive ability some needed to find a DH job. How many offers do you think he was juggling?

      If it is your argument that the Twins can sign players that few other teams want to reasonable contracts, we agree.
      Jorgenswest, you seemed to infer that the estimated contract projections from last year were pretty accurate, but that there should be a higher number assumed if the Twins sign any given player. John's reply gave examples of the Twin's paying less than or equal-to-market value on the players they did sign. That seems to counter your point pretty fairly.
      Your next reply doesn't address the issue at all. The central issue is what the player is projected to sign for AT THE TIME OF SIGNING, not whether the player will over or under-perform the contract.

      Project what players will be available and at what cost. It would be pretty silly to try and project what players would need to be paid over market to come here. Just as silly as trying to project who would accept less than market.
    1. jorgenswest's Avatar
      jorgenswest -
      At the time of the signing, Carroll was an old SS. What other offers did he have to start? Where did I suggest he took less than market? It would be an easier argument to say the Twins overpaid. Last year's handbook probably had him listed for less. I believe he came to the Twins because they had more playing time to offer than he could get anywhere else.

      At the time of the signing, Doumit was an injured catcher with a very poor defensive reputation. He needed a spot where he could get his bat in the game. Where else would he get more DH time?

      My point was that the Twins can sign those types to reasonable (not under market!) contracts because they won't have a lot of options.


      How many teams do you think offered Willingham three years? The Twins had better studied projections and mathematics about how similar players have aged into their 30s.

      They can continue the cycle of mediocrity and bring in these decline phase free agents.

      They can also go after free agents that might actually make a difference. Doing so they will compete with other organizations. How do they win the negotiation? Will simply matching the offer made by the Yankees, Rangers... be enough?
    1. Shane Wahl's Avatar
      Shane Wahl -
      It looks fantastic.

      I already ordered, of course, and now I have to sit here and look at the sample while these stupid Yankees, Tigers, and Cardinals (go Giants!) play long ass games and long ass series . . .

      Free agent pitching contract estimates take on new importance. Jackson at 3/$33 million is in line with my blueprint.
    1. Shane Wahl's Avatar
      Shane Wahl -
      Quote Originally Posted by jorgenswest View Post
      At the time of the signing, Carroll was an old SS. What other offers did he have to start? Where did I suggest he took less than market? It would be an easier argument to say the Twins overpaid. Last year's handbook probably had him listed for less. I believe he came to the Twins because they had more playing time to offer than he could get anywhere else.

      At the time of the signing, Doumit was an injured catcher with a very poor defensive reputation. He needed a spot where he could get his bat in the game. Where else would he get more DH time?

      My point was that the Twins can sign those types to reasonable (not under market!) contracts because they won't have a lot of options.


      How many teams do you think offered Willingham three years? The Twins had better studied projections and mathematics about how similar players have aged into their 30s.

      They can continue the cycle of mediocrity and bring in these decline phase free agents.

      They can also go after free agents that might actually make a difference. Doing so they will compete with other organizations. How do they win the negotiation? Will simply matching the offer made by the Yankees, Rangers... be enough?
      There are a lot of considerations that I imagine factor into FA decision-making. In the case of Willingham and Doumit, both have now wanted extensions. There are some players that will take equal or maybe less money to NOT be in NY, Boston, L.A., Chicago, etc. I am sure Jamey Carroll would like an extension too, but . . .

      Last year I thought Carroll was going to get less and Willingham and Doumit more than they did.

      By the way, it isn't as though they signed Willingham to a 5-year deal. 2 years left for $14 million with even 80% of 2012 production over those two years is a GREAT contract.
    1. Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
      Brock Beauchamp -
      I just realized that the forum trolls may not have noticed that we added a sample of the handbook for download. It features 8 pages of the handbook so you can preview some of the content before plunking down your hard-earned cash. Check it out!

      http://www.twinsdaily.com/docs/td-20...ook-sample.pdf
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.