by, 06-22-2012 at 08:07 AM (836 Views)
Original post from North Dakota Twins Fan
Last night's Twins game got ugly in later portions of the game with Jeff Manship giving up some bombs. One of the home runs even took one bounce and was out of the stadium. Overall, it wasn't the best series but the Twins did manage to pull out one victory. Francisco Liriano and Liam Hendriks put together one of their best starts of the year in the series and Josh Willingham had a late inning home run to lead the team to victory.
Now the team turns their sights to a very good Cincinnati Reds club, their last interleague opponent of the year. The Twins are going to be forced to deal with arguably the best overall hitter in the game, Joey Votto. There could also be opportunities to face one of the hardest throwers in baseball, Arolidis Chapman. For Twins fans, it is fun to see some of the best talent in the National League.
Before the Twins begin their series with the Reds, make sure to check out some of the best baseball writing from across Twins Territory and the baseball world.
- Prep players can take some time to develop in the minor leagues but it is important to be patient with high schoolers taken in the draft.
- For the first time in quite awhile, Francisco Liriano looked good on Wednesday night. It could be from the fact that he seems to have rediscovered his slider.
- The short-season rookie leagues have started for the Twins so make sure to check out this preview of the Elizabethton Twins and this preview of the GCL Twins.
- Nick Blackburn could be the veteran presence in the starting rotation next year and that's what makes his struggles so frustrating.
- There have to be some reasons for hope with the Twins, right?
- Ben Revere seems to have played himself into the long term plans for the Twins and he might not be a placeholder anymore.
- According to Kyle Gibson's Twitter account, he is back on track to appear in a minor league game on July 10th.
- There are reports out that the Twins are looking for pitching and according to Terry Ryan, "We need pitching, and we need it bad."
- Out of all Twins minor league players, Oswaldo Arcia might be having the best season and he was promoted to Double-A earlier in the week.
- One the best parts of All-Star weekend is the Future's Game and the rosters were announced on Thursday. The Twins will be represented by Oswaldo Arcia.
- Two former MLB Greats will be managing the teams for the Future's Game so that should be fun.
- It has been a little over a year since Twins Territory lost Harmon Killebrew and a new book has been released to chronicle his life.
- With the Rockies struggling to win games, they are trying a radical concept by having a four-man pitching staff and only allowing starters to throw 75 pitches.
- Jason Marquis is doing very well after leaving the Twins and it might help that he is back in the National League
- Has Joe Nathan become the best closer in the game?
- Players for the Arizona Diamondbacks had some fun opening packs of Justin Bieber cards last week and now an autographed card pulled by the players is up for auction.
- Bill Murray is the co-owner of a minor league baseball team and this video gives an in-depth look at his interactions with the team.
My Weekly Rundown:
- Monday: Twins are behind in the "Era of Pitching"
- Tuesday: Tuesday Morning Tidbits
- Wednesday: Bullpen overuse could hurt by season's end
- Wednesday's Wild Night in the Minors
Video of the Week: Joel Peralta was ejected earlier this week for having a foreign substance on his glove. It was quite the sight to watch how the entire incident played out and it might have conjured up memories of a different moment for Twins fans. In 1987, Joe Niekro was on the mound for the Twins before the following scene took place.