State Of The Community Update
by, 08-01-2012 at 11:41 PM (605 Views)
The trade deadline is a significant event in Twins Daily’s calendar and now that it’s over, I thought we might give an update on how the community is faring.
- We have 1923 registered users and 963 of them have contributed at least one post to the site.
- We have 2209 threads with 40,120 posts. Each month, the number of posts has been increasing by 24%.
- 133 members have tried blogging and produced 1342 posts.
- Over 150,000 unique visitors have stopped by the site since we went live just over five months ago.
- On trade deadline day, we set a record for activity with 45,000+ page views. What’s more, on Friday we will pass our 3 millionth page view.
We (actually, Brock gets all the credit for this ) have also rolled out a new mobile version of the site that we hope will help you keep in touch with the community even when you have to be away from your PC.
I hope you’re all as thrilled with the scale of what is happening and are committed to making everyone feel welcome. The goal of this site was to make it easier for Twins fans to find great independent Twins writers and thinkers, regardless of the background and baseball beliefs. We’ve now reached 150,000 fellow fans who have read your posts and blogs three million times.
So THANKS for continuing to share your passion and make this community an inviting baseball oasis. Please think about sharing it with friends or even strangers who are as passionate about the Twins as you are. Passions are best when they’re shared.
And PLEASE don’t hesitate to share your thoughts/suggestions about the site in our Questions About Twins Daily forum.
You would think we might be happy with 133 member blogs and 1342 posts. We are, but I believe we can do more - that there is a lot of hidden talent out there. So in our forum I’ve opened a thread talking about the establishment of a Twins Daily Writer’s Club. If you’re interested in writing more, please check it out and let me know of any ideas you might have.