by, 04-27-2012 at 06:52 AM (1047 Views)
Original post from North Dakota Twins Fan
Since the last time you joined me for an edition of "Friday Links-N-Thinks," the Twins have only one one game and that was on last Friday. It has been a rough week for Twins fans as the team looked to get back on track against the struggling Red Sox. This didn't happen but the one consolation prize is the fact that the Royals come to town this weekend and they have their own share of problems to deal with this season. Hopefully this means the Twins can come out of the weekend with a series win before they head on the road again for a West Coast swing through Los Angeles and Seattle.
Last weekend a former Twins player, Phil Humber, threw the 21st perfect game in the history of Major League Baseball. Humber was part of the Johan Santana trade but struggled at the Triple-A level and never made it past Rochester with the Twins. Overall, he spent six seasons in the minor leagues before the White Sox gave him a chance to be a starter. In only his 30 career starts, he was perfect with 27 batters faced and 27 outs recorded on the mound. As much as I don't like the White Sox, the transformation that this top draft pick has made is great to see from any player.
Josh Willingham's wife having a baby, I "adopted" a prospect from the Twins farm system, and plenty more stories are all included in this weeks edition of "Friday Links-N-Thinks." Have a great weekend and enjoy!
- One of the highlights of the week over at TwinsDaily was the introduction of the "Adopt-A-Prospect" series for the site. I was lucky enough to get top pitching prospect Adrian Salcedo but there are plenty of other players to check out.
- The MLB Draft is fast approaching in June and Seth Stohs wants to know if taking a college pitcher is the right approach for the Twins.
- It's only the end of the first month of the season and the writers at Puckett's Pond want to know if it is too early to bump Miguel Sano up to Ft. Myers.
- Twins fans seem to have a lot to complain about but Twins Fan From Afar is sick of hearing three complaints from the fan base.
- Lindsay Guentzel is trying to survive the first MLB Fan Cave elimination and she needs your help to stay in NYC.
- Joe Mauer has appeared in every game for the Twins this year and Nick Nelson thinks Mr. Mauer is might be making a statement.
- Bobby Valentine needs to find a different way research his opponents because he apparently doesn't know how to use his phone.
- There have been some great nicknames in the history of baseball.
- Danny Valencia is off to a slow start at the plate and Parker Hageman thinks Valencia might have lost some of his swagger.
- Here's a contract strategy the Twins could use. Sign them young.
- Josh Willingham's family welcomed a new edition this week and this great photo started to speed around the internet.
- John Sickels from Minor League Ball put together his April Edition of the 2012 MLB Mock Draft. Who will the Twins take at number 2?
- Jim Thome has survived so far with having to play first base since he is back in the National League.
- Luke Hughes found a new team this week but he has run into a few snags in the fielding department.
- The off-day for the Twins on Thursday felt good and Brandon Warne offered up some ways to fix the Twins.
- Twins pitchers and catchers held a 20-minute closed door meeting after being swept by the Red Sox. Hopefully this can improve some of the results on the field.
- Former Twins player Shane Mack is auctioning off some unique items from his baseball career.
- Finally, a great read about New Britain's Chris Colabello and his amazing path to the Rock Cats.
My Weekly Rundown:
- Monday: Where will Liriano fit into the bullpen?
- Tuesday: Adopt-A-Prospect Introduction: Adrian Salcedo
- Wednesday: Duensing ramping up his velocity in the 'pen
- Thursday: Attendance starting to dwindle at Target Field
Video of the Week: There have been some crazy batting stances in the history of baseball but this college player might have found one of the most unique positions in the box. His name is Alex Buccilli and he is the DH for Coastal Carolina. Even the Batting Stance Guy has gotten in on the action.