Baseball America AL Central Prospect Podcast
If you're traveling, or even if you're just sitting at home and have a free hour and a half this weekend, one thing you'll want to do is listen to this week's Baseball America AL Central Prospect Podcast. I listened to it on my drive, and it was terrific. There is some great Twins content starting at about the 52 minute market.
- Appy League championship series best of the baseball season.
- John Manuel says Twins have best farm system in AL Central. JJ Cooper stands by Royals.
- "I don't think very many organizations have two true number one prospects, Byron Buxton and Miguel Sano. I'd almost take both of them over Wil Myers of the Royals."
- Oswaldo Arcia... he would be the #1 prospect in several organizations.
- Kyle Gibson would be #1, has been #1 in this organization. He has flashed in the Fall League 3 plus-pitches. The slider, his best pitch, is the one pitch he's struggled to get back.
- Aaron Hicks - may not be an impact player, but a solid big league regular... comp to Shane Victorino (12-18 homers, walks, .350 OBP, 420 SLG, terrific defensive centerfielder.
- Eddie Rosario - if he's a second baseman, he's an impact, first-division bat.
- JO Berrios - upside and polish, but he's a ways away.
- They have a very interesting discussion comparing the two organizations.
- Manuel says the Twins have depth, relievers.
- Buxton comp - Andrew McCutcheon.
- Nice discussion on Danny Santana.
And there is much more, but I definitely recommend taking time to listen.