Game Thread: Twins@A's 9/19 9:05PM
Twins: SP Kevin Correia
Not released yet... Gardy is cooking up a real good one tonight.
A's: SP Dan Straily
Things to Think About:
1. The Oakland A's... Much at stake for the Green and Gold... 5 Game lead over the Rangers with 10 games left on the A's Schedule. Half game lead over the Tigers for the 2nd best record in the A.L. and an extra home game during the 1st round. The Twins can experiment if need be... The A's can't... The Eye Black has to be on!
2. Dan Straily... This young starting pitcher can be tattooed and he can be lights out. He came out of nowhere as a prospect but he got himself some MLB mound time by being a prolific swing and miss guy in the minors. A pitcher who can strike guys out isn't ideal for a Twins team that strikes out a lot.
3. Kevin Corriea... In my opinion... The A's are a momentum team... When they start rolling they roll... Kevin is gonna have to do his best to keep the mo contained... Bottled up...
4. 1,000 Wins... 3 to go... 11 Games left. Gardy needs to win 3 games to reach quadruple digits. This may go down to the wire. I don't know if anyone else cares... But I find myself really really really caring. I want Gardy to get that number this year!!!
5. Hotels... The big hotels with multiple floors... They don't have a 13th floor... Get in the elevator and it goes... 10... 11... 12... 14... I'm not buying it... I refuse to stay on the 14th floor... I subtract the missing floor because it's obvious that they are trying to fool me that I'm not on 13. I simply won't let them take advantage of me like that... If I'm staying in room 2012... I tell myself it's really Room 1912... Technically I'm right... As a result... One time... I was pissed when my key wouldn't work in the actual room 1912 when I tried to enter it by mistake... The couple in that room were also pissed that I tried to open their door. Come to think of it... Hotel Security was also a little miffed that he had to actually do something after he was called by the couple. My explanation of the 13th floor thing and my twisted mind didn't seem to make any of them feel better.
One more thought on the subject... If Hotels don't have a 13th floor... How come book publishers have no problem with Chapter 11's.