Game Thread: Tigers@Twins 9/25 7:10PM
Tigers: SP Max Scherzer
Twins: SP Kevin Correia
Things to Think About:
1. Think about Max Scherzer... 20-3 is a pretty good record. If he doesn't win the Cy Young Award this year... You might as well give Bobby McFerrin a Grammy for "Don't worry be Happy"
2. Think about Clinching a division Title... The Tigers can clinch tonight with a win or Cleveland loss... They should be motivated for that... The Twins have to hang tough and "NOT ON MY TURF". Of course when the Twins say "Not on my Turf"... it doesn't sound like Clint Eastwood... It probably sounds more like Tina Fey.
3. Think about the stars aligning... Scherzer Cy Young Award Winner and the Tigers a win from clinching... It sure seems like there isn't much sense in the Twins showing up tonight to play. Foregone conclusion it seems... Well... We've been here before and those foregone conclusions are never foregone in baseball.
4. Think about 1,000 Wins... 2 more wins for Gardenhire to reach 1,000. 5 games left to play. This will be interesting.
5. Think about the Mighty Pen... I don't write with a pen much anymore... I type with a lot of ellipses mainly. But when I write with a pen... I'm always aware of the old saying... "The Pen is mightier then the Sword". This is true... Especially if the Sword is really really small and the Pen has a very sharp tip.
3. Think about