Liked 345 Times in 182 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Q&A with Brian Gilbert

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 430 Times in 261 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Great stuff!
    I am really bullish on Gilbert. I think that he is about 2 years or so away from the majors. He is one of those sleeper guys that nobody talks about and when you see him pitch you wonder where he came from and where he was hiding... Ranked him 20th in my prospect list this season.

Again--great article Seth. Looking forward to more of these. I didn't realize Gilbert was a Jersey boy (as I was back in the day). Will definitely keep an eye on him in 2014.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Monkeypaws's Avatar
    Liked 106 Times in 62 Posts
    Nice read - didn't really know a thing about this 7th rounder. Good luck to him.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 73 Times in 54 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I like this guy. Think he's got a solid chance of making the big club, and perhaps, quicker than others due to the reliever role. I'd want to say he'd be a "top 20" prospect - if I was pressed to make a list.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 73 Times in 54 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Wow...opened this window at 9am...didn't get back to it til now...posted...after wards...well, well, I guess Thrylos and I feel exactly the same about this guy. 2 years, and #20.
    Last edited by twinsfan34; 01-17-2014 at 10:18 AM.

Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Gilbert was certainly a key contributor to the Kernels down the stretch last summer. He didn't get the attention he warranted, most likely, but he was certainly one of the reasons the Kernels actually won more in the second half of the season than the first half. Looking forward to seeing what he does for an encore.
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~