Thread: Trevor May Interview

Senior Member Triple-A Paul Pleiss's Avatar
    Liked 26 Times in 20 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trevor May Interview

I had a chance, as part of the Talk to Contact podcast, to intreview Trevor May earlier this week. We covered everything from off-field activities (DJ MAZR), to winter throwing programs to goals and approach on the mound. Pretty awesome dude. And he lives in Seattle, so maybe him and I will become BFFs. It's possible, right?

www.talktocontact.com

Senior Member Double-A Wookiee of the Year's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Great interview. I will say (and maybe I missed it), but all his talk of his new, checklist-style game plan left me wondering how much of that is something he's come up with and how much is from the coaching staff. I was surprised by how much his offseason regimen sounded like it was up to him--I would've expected something developed with the minor league coaching staff, and then regular check-ins every few weeks to see how things are going. Weird how much it sounded like May was on his own during the off-season.

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The Twins (as I understand it) provide a work out plan for each player (position player or pitcher), but a lot of it is on their own. It's their career. I'm pretty certain there are no check-ins, unless there was some injury.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 197 Times in 125 Posts
    Seattle huh? You did let him know that even if weed is legal, a 50-game suspension would still make you unhappy, right?