Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Couto: Albers will battle for 5th spot

Twitter
    @crarko
    Liked 776 Times in 408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    Well, most posters here are saying not to sign Drew or trade for veterans, because they are at least a year away........do you really think this is WS team, as constructed?
    No, but as the NFL has conclusively shown, you can't play in the championship until your state legalizes pot. I fully expect a Mariners-Rockies series.

2. These 3 users like crarko's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (01-20-2014), h2oface (01-21-2014), mike wants wins (01-20-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 37 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    Well, most posters here are saying not to sign Drew or trade for veterans, because they are at least a year away........do you really think this is WS team, as constructed?
    There are good trades for veterans and there are bad trades. Most say don't make the bad one. Lower level prospects for decent players would fly for most people. Top prospects for 2 years of a player, not so much. I don't think you could trade just Arcia for a player who could OPS .825 for 2 years.
    What people say is really limited by slants taken by the reader. Nobody is against trades other than the bad ones. There is a difference of opinions on what would be a bad trade or a realistic trade.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 564 Times in 369 Posts
    Wise One, that's fair. I agree, there is definitely space for both sides to be "right" on that trade part, imo.
    Lighten up Francis....

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 27 Times in 21 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If Bruce Chen has enough stuff to hold down a rotation spot then Albers certainly can. That being said, he's got next best thing to no chance to get the #5 spot in the rotation barring multiple injuries to other players. Still having options automatically drops him in the pecking order once you get to the guys without obvious roster spots (huge contracts). It won't bother me to see him get a few starts on the year, though, if injuries/trades cause him to get a chance.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 852 Times in 548 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
    Dead man walking.
    Both you and I questioined the validity of this article early on in this thread, my comment was cut. With all the upgrades made to the major league rotation plus the addition of 2 more potential LHSP, it was pretty obvious that the gist and premise of this article needed questioning as to its validity. Albers, barring an unprecedented string of injuries and/or trades was never going to be the Twins 5th starter coming out of ST.

But....give credit where credit's due to Albers, for making the most of his opportunities with the Twins, hope he tears it up in Korea.
    Last edited by jokin; 01-21-2014 at 05:17 PM.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 37 Times in 31 Posts
    The article is clear on Alber's slim chance to make the rotation. There is really no need to question the validity of the article. It is a Canadian site hyping Canadian players and baseball in Canada. Not much different than any of a number of sites that hype the potential of players.

8. This user likes The Wise One's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (01-21-2014)

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,302 Times in 1,753 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Both you and I questioined the validity of this article early on in this thread, my comment was cut.
    Moderator's note: rather than also delete this comment, I will say that the comment that was cut was a juvenile, one-hyphenated-word, play on the article author's name, basically asking "who?", and in no sense a questioning of the validity of the article or even a mention of its content. Please review the Comment Policy, in particular where it says
    Respect for others is expected in everything we write, and personal attacks are not allowed.

This means respect for fellow TD members. It means also showing respect for players, team staff and ownership, journalists, the other teams and their players, player agents, players’ wives… everybody!
    (Emphasis modified.)

And you now compound the mistake by questioning moderator policy in a baseball thread, also contrary to the above-linked TD policy. Follow the process outlined there, if you feel the need.

Please keep the discussion here about baseball.

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    Well with the Team trying to sell Albers this thread is soon moot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12