Liked 208 Times in 110 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Q&A with Chad Christensen

2. This user likes Seth Stohs's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (02-02-2014)

Senior Member Triple-A Don't Feed the Greed Guy's Avatar
    Liked 207 Times in 84 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Here's a link to Christensen's Gulf Coast League numbers: http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats...pbp&pid=621478

.671 OPS in 162 at-bats.

Good research, Seth. A good reporter knows what questions to ask before the interview begins. Thanks for researching Christiansen's previous draft history, Darin Erstad, and the Cedar Rapids connection. You do this well. It's a pleasure to read your stuff.

By the way, have you been tallying the "favorite baseball movie" responses? Sandlot must be way ahead!

I'm hoping that the hometown boy makes good in 2014.

Here's some more on Christiansen's 2013 season from the Husker's website: "Chad Christensen capped his Husker career on a high note in 2013, as he was picked in the 25th round of the MLB Draft and was a first-team All-Big Ten performer in the outfield after being named a first-team all-conference infielder in 2012 • Led the Huskers in seven offensive catagories, including batting average (.364), slugging percentage (.453), on-base percentage (.436), runs (45), triples (3), stolen bases (8) and sac flies (6), while ranking second in hits (82), RBI's (39), home runs (2) and total bases (102)• Produced a team-high 26 multi-hit games on the year, including six three-hit games and one four-hit game • Also led the team with 11 multi-RBI games • During Big Ten play, led all players in the conference with a .431 batting average, 44 hits and 26 runs • Was the highest average during league play since Purdue's Brandon Haveman hit .464 in 2009."

You can read more at: http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=204888241

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 58 Times in 43 Posts
    I watched Christensen play a lot last year for Nebraska. He hit very well, and hopefully he can continue to do that in the minors. Go Big Red!

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 88 Times in 50 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Just as a side note, he also played SS I believe, for the Big Red. By no means would I advocate a switch, there are reasons he was moved to the OF. But it is an example of his athleticism and potential as a utility player down the road. Perhaps in addition to the four corner positions, he could provide some backup at 2B.