Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prison, Probation or Deportation

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 504 Times in 195 Posts
    Blog Entries

Prison, Probation or Deportation

I feel I must apologize for even putting this thread out there. Maybe I have been watching a bit too much television of late and flipping through the channels has lead me to being semi-informed about Justin Bieber's $20,000 egging a neighbors house fiasco.

Solution: Revoke his green card (or whatever) and ban him from living in or traveling to the United States for 10 years.

I am Belieber that if you take away Los Angeles and the other major ports of the American Music Industry, he will fade away, fairly quickly. The exposure he will get away from the American Media machine will pale in comparison and he will become a desert of human being/entertainment product.

Now, certainly, I do not wish him upon my Canadian brethren, but that is where he hails from. Maybe the Canadian legislature can exile him to Labrador or Nunavut... that is their call.

If he indeed decides to return to Canada instead of living abroad, maybe the Canadian actor Steve Smith will become his mentor and straighten him out.

Nonetheless, Justin Bieber needs to be booted out of the United States of America.

2. This user likes Bark's Lounge's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (01-22-2014)

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,265 Times in 677 Posts
    We don't want him, Greenland maybe?

4. These 2 users like twinsnorth49's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Bark's Lounge (01-23-2014), glunn (01-22-2014)

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,904 Times in 1,113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    We don't want him, Greenland maybe?
    Too bad ... you got him ... Canada never revokes citizenship.

6. These 2 users like ChiTownTwinsFan's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Bark's Lounge (01-23-2014), glunn (01-22-2014)

Liked 714 Times in 378 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I like getting the tax revenues. And the neighbor will get a new paint job at Bieber's expense.

8. This user likes glunn's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Bark's Lounge (01-23-2014)

He's all yours, you created the monster, you can keep him.

10. This user likes twinsnorth49's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Blog Entries
    Well - it appears the young fella was arrested in Miami early this morning for drag racing his Lamborghini and failed a field sobriety test.

At this point, if the U.S. tries to deport him to Canada, it might cause an international crisis between the U.S. and Canada of the likes of which we have never seen before.

Decisions... Decisions...

12. This user likes Bark's Lounge's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (01-23-2014)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    Well - it appears the young fella was arrested in Miami early this morning for drag racing his Lamborghini and failed a field sobriety test.

At this point, if the U.S. tries to deport him to Canada, it might cause an international crisis between the U.S. and Canada of the likes of which we have never seen before.

Decisions... Decisions...
    Why let Canada collect the tax revenues?

14. This user likes glunn's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 1,280 Times in 512 Posts
    Video of Beiber.

warning, NSFW

16. This user likes snepp's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    Why let Canada collect the tax revenues?
    Well Glunn, my preference would be to have the U.S. Government seize his assets, donate them to the Bark's Lounge Foundation, where I will dedicate all of my time making sure that the money is allocated to the right causes.

Bieber would then be put into your custody/ownership, where he would live in a highly secured dog kennel in your backyard. You could then charge people to view Justin Bieber in captivity and use that money to pay for his expenses and of course pocket the rest of it.

I don't know, sounds like a win-win to me.

18. These 7 users like Bark's Lounge's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (01-27-2014), JB_Iowa (02-05-2014), mike wants wins (01-30-2014), Riverbrian (02-05-2014), snepp (01-23-2014), twinsnorth49 (01-23-2014), USAFChief (02-11-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 36 Times in 31 Posts
    I hobe Bieber gets a judge who is in a bad mood from the night before or a clost heavey metal fan.

20. This user likes The Wise One's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (02-05-2014)

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Canada does not let U.S. citizens with DUI convictions within the past 10 years into their country. I would have no problem with us deporting him. We should be more stringent on non-citizens committing crimes here IMO. If I were to commit a crime in another country, I would expect to be sent home and not allowed back.
    If Twins can't re-sign Hunter, plans are to trade, sign a FA or go in-house to find a replacement.

Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 206 Times in 115 Posts

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 800 Times in 503 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Personally, I think if you are here on green card status, there should be little tolerance to breaking the law. I can live with speeding tickets and that type of thing, but I think any sort of conviction for any type of misdemeanor or felony should be an automatic deportation. It's not hard to write the law to say as such.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnarthor View Post
    Wait, what? Wealthy celebrities get preferential treatment!?................No!

I'd be setting my sights on the immigration official who granted him a 0-1B visa, which is given to immigrants who possess extraordinary ability in the arts or TV and movie industry.

Who made that call!!???

26. These 2 users like twinsnorth49's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Bark's Lounge (01-28-2014), snepp (01-28-2014)

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 563 Times in 368 Posts
    He has no green card...Nice petition.

I love the humor of this thread. I hate that people think this is what the POTUS should be worried about....and I expect the WH to come back with a funny reply, as they have in at least one other case like this.
    Lighten up Francis....

Well, he came back home and not to be outdone we arrested him as well, for being a bad house guest.

Blog Entries
    I wonder how the average 21 year old male would behave if granted unlimited cash and free time.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 800 Times in 503 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    I wonder how the average 21 year old male would behave if granted unlimited cash and free time.
    I think the NFL is a good barometer for that. I don't know why (and perhaps it's perception and not reality), but it seems as though the NFL produces far more trouble makers than MLB. I cannot help but think that the instant success that is not found in a typical MLB guy at such a young age tends to be a big culprit here.

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,904 Times in 1,113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diehardtwinsfan View Post
    I think the NFL is a good barometer for that. I don't know why (and perhaps it's perception and not reality), but it seems as though the NFL produces far more trouble makers than MLB. I cannot help but think that the instant success that is not found in a typical MLB guy at such a young age tends to be a big culprit here.
    Or the NBA.

32. This user likes ChiTownTwinsFan's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

twinsnorth49 (02-06-2014)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast