Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Matt Harrison Rumors

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 372 Times in 197 Posts
    Blog Entries

Matt Harrison Rumors

Lindsay Guentzel reported via Twitter today that Roy Oswalt would like to sign with either the St. Louis Cardinals or the Texas Rangers. If he were to sign with the Rangers, they may be interested in trading LHP Matt Harrison in exchange for an outfield prospect at least at the AA level. The screams Joe Benson to me, although I guess it could also mean Ben Revere. In terms of salaries, a better match would be Denard Span who is locked up for a couple more years. He will make $3 million in 2012. In his first year of arbitration, Harrison will be making $2.95 million.

What say you of these rumors, and which OF would you be willing to trade for Harrison?

Twitter
    @ParkerHageman
    Liked 63 Times in 33 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I get the sense that Terry Ryan would be more inclined to trading Ben Revere or Joe Benson. He's made comments regarding Revere and the way the team has handled Benson on the past makes me believe they are not keen about the strike outs. If it were my decision, I'd much rather flip Revere instead of Benson but I don't think Texas would want Revere.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 372 Times in 197 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Agreed. Revere is the one I would prefer to trade, but I would guess that the Rangers want Benson. Span just makes sense from a contract sense in 2011. However, Span is locked up, and Harrison will need to go to arbitration a couple more times.

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 158 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries

Pass.

I certainly wouldn't trade Revere or Benon or Harrison. I might not evn trade Span. Harrison isn't exactly a high upside guy, and he's already getting expensive. He may be overpriced as earl as next year and certainly will by 2014.