Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spring Training Meetup?

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,904 Times in 1,113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrylos View Post
    Check this out for hotels and bargain ways of getting there. As JC said (or insinuated ) , the nearest hotels are about 3 miles or so to the west of there right by the Daniels Parkway exit of I-75. And they are not bargains. Not sure whether there are any ma and pa motels east or north of there, but I doubt it...
    Isn't I-75/Daniels east of ballpark? West would be towards US41 (Cleveland/Tamiami). But there are hotels off Daniels east and west, and, as Thrylos said, likely not a budget whichever direction; especially at this point. You might find more of a bargain further north up 41 (Cleveland Ave), even across the river into N Ft Myers, but you will most definitely need a car unless you want to figure out the bus system, which does exist, but isn't so convenient.

In regards to minor league spring training staying at Lee County, can anyone tell me where to find a link to the schedule? I'm either blind and can't find it on their website... or blind and can't find it on their website.
    Nadie dijo que la vida sería fácil, sólo dijeron que valdría la pena.

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,904 Times in 1,113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eLee612 View Post
    In regards to minor league spring training staying at Lee County, can anyone tell me where to find a link to the schedule? I'm either blind and can't find it on their website... or blind and can't find it on their website.
    I don't think the minor league spring training schedule has been released yet.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 444 Times in 271 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post
    Isn't I-75/Daniels east of ballpark? West would be towards US41 (Cleveland/Tamiami)..
    Indeed. Kinda lost my bearings there for a second Towards the RSW airport and that is east (towards the Atlantic) and not west (towards the Gulf)
    Last edited by Thrylos; 02-15-2014 at 04:41 PM.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Blog Entries

Here. Links points to March, but there is a single game vs the RedSox on 2/28. The Minor League schedule has not been announced yet.
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by Thrylos View Post
    Here. Links points to March, but there is a single game vs the RedSox on 2/28. The Minor League schedule has not been announced yet.
    Thanks Thrylos, and ChiTown! I will be at that February game, and the 1st/2nd/3rd in March. I was just assuming the minor league schedule was out already… but I guess I jumped the gun. Too excited!
    Nadie dijo que la vida sería fácil, sólo dijeron que valdría la pena.

7. This user likes eLee612's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ChiTownTwinsFan (02-15-2014)

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Thrylos, and ChiTown! I will be at that February game, and the 1st/2nd/3rd in March. I was just assuming the minor league schedule was out already… but I guess I jumped the gun. Too excited!
    You will be there too early for "official" minor league games against other teams. Those usually start mid March. Regardless, if you get to the ballpark a couple of hours early and go to the minor league fields you will catch scrimmages (like AA vs AAA) and lots of practice, like TK leading fielding practice. The minor league fields are to the left of Hammond Stadium if you are standing on the parking lot facing the Stadium
    -----

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12