Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 377 Times in 199 Posts
    Blog Entries

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Watch this (and listen to the terrific Morgan Hawk), and just try not to smile!!

The King In The North All-Star Nick Nelson's Avatar
    Twitter
    @nnelson9
    Liked 85 Times in 30 Posts
    Blog Entries
    That second vid demonstrates the personality contrast between Buxton and Sano pretty well. Buck smashes a no-doubt game-winning slam, doesn't pimp it one bit. Just turns, lowers his head and claps a few times.

I'm not saying I have a problem with Sano's antics, there's nothing wrong with a little fire, but I have huge respect for the way Buxton operates.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    The two (Buxton and Sano) are so different personality-wise, but it was pretty cool seeing them together, interacting. So different and yet they both respect each other so much and seem to have a fun time together. Also at Twins Fest, Sano and Meyer both talked about their relationship as well. They're quite close. So, The Big Three are all terrific and seem to all have a ton of respect for each other.

I don't know if this means anything or not, of course... however, I think it's one of the positives of the way that the Twins do Twins Fest. These guys get a chance to know each other before they dive head-first into baseball.

6. This user likes Seth Stohs's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

gunnarthor (02-14-2014)

Member Rookie
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I like the one scout's comment that Buxton's floor is Torii Hunter. Think about how insane that is.

Twins Contributor All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Liked 119 Times in 65 Posts
    Blog Entries
    What if he has an Aaron-Hicks-in-2013 Spring Training? I'm obviously kidding... but I think his big league debut happens sooner rather than later.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Hopefully he can stay healthy, when I watch that catch video I cringe, that extra effort will also run you into walls. Kubel was never the same after his injury.

I really like how coachable, humble and the drive he has. Unlike a few other prospects we have....

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 69 Times in 48 Posts
    While it is awesome to have one of the most talented prospects in baseball in our organization it is sobering to realize that we likely will only have him for 6 years after he comes up. If he is as good as advertised and as rare as this article portrays he will likely get the next Alex Rodriguez type deal. So in my mind service time for him is going to be very important. I just hope we can get our team in shape to compete while he is playing for us and not waste the time we have him on our team.

Banned Big-Leaguer
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dman View Post
    While it is awesome to have one of the most talented prospects in baseball in our organization it is sobering to realize that we likely will only have him for 6 years after he comes up. If he is as good as advertised and as rare as this article portrays he will likely get the next Alex Rodriguez type deal. So in my mind service time for him is going to be very important. I just hope we can get our team in shape to compete while he is playing for us and not waste the time we have him on our team.
    I think Buxton and Sano with receive Longoria deals. I'm sure the Twins realize we won't see another #2 pick for 10 years or so. The Pohlads pledged 50% of revenue on average will be used for payroll over time. I don't think they are burying the yearly excess in their back yard. I just believe over time hasn't arrived.

13. This user likes howieramone's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Don't Feed the Greed Guy (02-14-2014)

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Nygaard View Post
    What if he has an Aaron-Hicks-in-2013 Spring Training? I'm obviously kidding... but I think his big league debut happens sooner rather than later.
    Considering that Buxton, Sano and Meyer are not on the 40 man roster, there's no need to send them down early in camp, like there would be if they were on the 40 man roster. I'm thinking Gardy is going to want to see a lot of them all.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 27 Times in 21 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Nygaard View Post
    He got an invite to major league camp, right? Obviously they think he's on the borderline already, and while it's a long-shot, I wouldn't be shocked if he's up in May or June. If he tears up AA to start the season wouldn't you just say to yourself as the Twins FO, "might as well let him run wild in the show, he's better than everyone he's playing against otherwise."

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    Considering that Buxton, Sano and Meyer are not on the 40 man roster, there's no need to send them down early in camp, like there would be if they were on the 40 man roster. I'm thinking Gardy is going to want to see a lot of them all.
    I know I want to see a lot of them during the spring , and Hopefully all 3 of them the entire 2015 season

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 271 Times in 195 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by howieramone View Post
    I think Buxton and Sano with receive Longoria deals. I'm sure the Twins realize we won't see another #2 pick for 10 years or so. The Pohlads pledged 50% of revenue on average will be used for payroll over time. I don't think they are burying the yearly excess in their back yard. I just believe over time hasn't arrived.
    If we can overpay these guys in their first few years and get them for 7-8 years for $50-60M, we should try and do it. Buxton I hear is very frugal and humble.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 103 Times in 75 Posts
    I wouldn't be concerned--by then Mauer's contract will have expired. Add all of the difference between the pledged 50-52% of revenue and the present % budgeted today, and you will find plenty of available budget for both Buxton and Sano. They found the money for Mauer, Morneau, Nathan and the whole rest of the team, I have confidence that they will find it for these guys when the time comes.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 25 Times in 18 Posts
    I don't have much confidence that they will use all the money saved in these few years but I do have confidence that they will up payroll to 52% and maybe a little beyond if all these guys really do pan out. If they do pan out 52% will likely be a larger amount also. Twins seem to be pretty good about buying free agent years early on guys they want.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Steve Lein's Avatar
    Twitter
    @HangingSL
    Liked 29 Times in 15 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think this type of concern is obviously premature, BUT, if you look 6 years from now, Mauer's current monster contract isn't on the books anymore, so in all honesty I think this concern is moot. If Sano and Buxton deserve the money, the Twins will pay it!

I'm predicting Buxton is the next player to join the 20-20-20-20 club (doubles, triples, HR's, SB's), and to give a perspective, only 4 players in the history of MLB are in that club.
    Scouting Report: Tools - Power: 30, Hitting: 50, Arm: 60, Defense: 40, Speed: 40. "Line drive swing and shows good contact and on-base abilities. Double's power at his peak. Strong arm from 2B or the OF, stiff hands. Not a fast runner, but above average instincts on the bases. Skinny body doesn't look the part, but can sneak up on you. ACL surgery sapped much of his athleticism." (Probably)
    Spring Training Regular since 2011.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 271 Times in 195 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Based on that prediction, I looked at his 3B count from last year. He had 18. Pretty crazy that he had more 3B than HR (12). Possible certainly. He should hit that mark in 2B and SB every year.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Monkeypaws's Avatar
    Liked 112 Times in 67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Nelson View Post
    That second vid demonstrates the personality contrast between Buxton and Sano pretty well. Buck smashes a no-doubt game-winning slam, doesn't pimp it one bit. Just turns, lowers his head and claps a few times.

I'm not saying I have a problem with Sano's antics, there's nothing wrong with a little fire, but I have huge respect for the way Buxton operates.
    I like the fact that he even had a high five for the mascot

23. This user likes Monkeypaws's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Don't Feed the Greed Guy (02-14-2014)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast