Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 37 of 65 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 MLB Draft Thread

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 220 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tobi0040 View Post
    Here is a mock from bleacher report yesterday.

Rodon, Kolek, Aiken, Beede, then the Twins taking Gordon.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...aft-day/page/2
    Interesting mock draft - Zimmer going before Jackson. I think I still want Jackson over Gordon but I'll trust the FO.

Senior Member Triple-A InfraRen's Avatar
    Twitter
    @InfraRen
    Liked 14 Times in 9 Posts
    Welp...

keithlaw @keithlaw
    RHP Jeff Hoffman of @ECUBaseball will have Tommy John surgery next week. Had been a probable top 4 pick in the draft before injury.
    Till I Collapse

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 564 Times in 369 Posts
    Jackson or Gordon it is.....
    Lighten up Francis....

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Liked 110 Times in 70 Posts
    Crap jeff...that sucks for him and us...flyer in second?

Senior Member All-Star
    Dang. Yeah, I'd be ok with taking him in the second round but it probably won't happen. Gioltio fell from a top 5 pick to 13. I don't think Hoffman will fall all the way to the second round.

So Aiken, Rodon and Kolek are all pretty much locks to go in the top 4. Gordon, Jackson, Nola, Beede ... I wanted Jackson and still do.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 103 Times in 73 Posts
    Tough break for Hoffman. Seems like Jackson/Gordon are the most likely choices right now.

On a different note HS pitcher Bukauskas has sent a letter out to teams saying he will be going to college.

Senior Member All-Star
    Also, BA will be releasing their first mock draft of the year tomorrow. Not sure if it will behind their pay wall.

Senior Member All-Star
    From Darren Wolfson:

No shock: told East Carolina RHP Jeff Hoffman is no longer in the mix for #MNTwins at No.5. Would be if lasted until No.46.

No surprise.

Senior Member All-Star
    Kiley Mcdaniel's new updated top 116:

http://sbb.scout.com/2/1400460.html

This part was the most interesting:
    "There are already rumors that my #5 player, Nick Gordon, will cut a below slot deal with the Twins at pick #5 with his father, former big league reliever Tom Gordon, acting as Nick's advisor. Every player/advisor in this range knows they could slip to the bottom if they lose a few coin flips in split war rooms, so they are incentivized to market themselves as signable because if they slip 5-10 picks, even an over-slot deal at a lower pick would likely be for less money."
    Last edited by cmb0252; 05-07-2014 at 02:27 PM.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 819 Times in 515 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hmmm... makes me hope for Gordon in the 1st and Hoffman in the second... won't happen, but one can dream.

Twins Contributor All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Liked 121 Times in 67 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by InfraRen View Post
    Welp...

keithlaw @keithlaw
    RHP Jeff Hoffman of @ECUBaseball will have Tommy John surgery next week. Had been a probable top 4 pick in the draft before injury.
    Wow. That sucks. As Kiley Mac had Hoffman in the top tier and now that is one guy less. It also takes away one more stud pitcher.

I plan to post the 3rd draft preview soon, so I'll reflect more on what this all means there.

Senior Member All-Star
    If McDaniel is right and the Twins take Gordon under slot at #5 I wonder who they will target at #46. Hoffman won't make it to #46 with how many other teams have multiple picks before us. Outside of the other draft news about Bukauskas wanting to go to college I can't name many big name hard signings this year. Obviously players will fall but there is no Ryan Boldt/Kyle Serrano this year. Maybe once the draft gets closer we will hear a few more names.

Senior Member All-Star
    Who are the hurt first round talents or HS kids claiming they want to go to college? Hoffman, Fischer, Bukauskas. Probably a few more.

Senior Member All-Star
    Crawford's new mock draft (must have been released before Hoffman news). Has Twins taking Gordon:

http://mlbdraftinsider.com

Senior Member MVP
    Quote Originally Posted by cmb0252 View Post
    Crawford's new mock draft (must have been released before Hoffman news). Has Twins taking Gordon:

http://mlbdraftinsider.com
    I clicked on that, and it has the Cubs taking Gordon, and Twins taking Jackson?
    Lighten up Francis....

Senior Member All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnarthor View Post
    Who are the hurt first round talents or HS kids claiming they want to go to college? Hoffman, Fischer, Bukauskas. Probably a few more.
    Luis Ortiz was a top arm but was injured to start the year but I can't see him dropping to #46. Maybe Justus Sheffield who pitched poorly and has a commitment to Vanderbilt. Dylan Cease is also a Vandy commit with a big arm but is currently resting because of an elbow that has been bothering him (good chance he has TJ).

Those are the first three off the top of my head. With the draft being 29 days away I'm sure we will be a few more.

Senior Member All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    I clicked on that, and it has the Cubs taking Gordon, and Twins taking Jackson?
    Really? Mine isn't showing that. That is strange....

Senior Member MVP
    i'll check when I get home....
    Lighten up Francis....

I've got a fever and the only cure is more mock drafts! Anyone see the Perfect Game mock? I know its poor form to ask for pay content but I'm sick here!

Senior Member All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    i'll check when I get home....
    You are right. I was looking at the page before it got updated. I personally don't see the Cubs drafting Gordon but what do I know? I see Jackson as a better fit for them. Either way I would be happy with Gordon or Jackson. Getting one under slot would just be icing on the cake.

Page 37 of 65 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast