Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1555636465
Results 1,281 to 1,287 of 1287

Thread: 2014 MLB Draft Thread

Senior Member Triple-A maxisagod's Avatar
    Liked 21 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cmb0252 View Post
    Kiley McDaniel makes it sound like Kolek might drop like a rock. I haven't heard anything about Rodon. Is he asking too much?
    I'm Guessing if it's Rodon, he would like to be paid like a top 2 pick, and the Twins won't go over slot. If's it's Kolek, he hasn't come to terms he isn't going top 3. Who have the Sox zero'd in on?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Liked 110 Times in 70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxisagod View Post
    I'm Guessing if it's Rodon, he would like to be paid like a top 2 pick, and the Twins won't go over slot. If's it's Kolek, he hasn't come to terms he isn't going top 3. Who have the Sox zero'd in on?
    Twins CANT go over slot. You can only go 10 % over your allotted bonus pool. The twins have the tenth highest bonus so they will not be giving 5 mil to anyone. Screw borass clients anyway. That guy is the worst.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 379 Times in 233 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Twins Twerp View Post
    Derek Jeter? Who is the Ace pitcher potential you would take over a surefire major league shortstop. Assuming the top 3 are gone of course.
    I'd guess anyone the Twins pick at #5 will end up playing at the MLB level. But we can't pretend that it's a lock that Gordon's bat or defense absolutely will be strong enough to be an above average SS let alone be a starter. This is a good draft, but there's nothing here that's sure fire.

That goes for any of these guys. Everyone is seriously over exaggerating the floor of these guys, especially the "safe" players.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 105 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Twins Twerp View Post
    Twins CANT go over slot. You can only go 10 % over your allotted bonus pool. The twins have the tenth highest bonus so they will not be giving 5 mil to anyone. Screw borass clients anyway. That guy is the worst.

Ps that is not attacking so dont delete it overmoderators.
    Why is it avarice for a player (his agent) to use leverage to secure the most money he can--especially compared to what the owners do to: fans, cities, media broadcasters, everybody they can?

5. This user likes Kwak's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Larsbars08 (06-05-2014)

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 379 Times in 233 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
    Why is it avarice for a player (his agent) to use leverage to secure the most money he can--especially compared to what the owners do to: fans, cities, media broadcasters, everybody they can?
    Well I think he was implying that the Twins would have a hard time getting any other higher upside picks signed if Rodon insisted on taking up a higher percentage of the money pool.

Also, by demanding over slot, the player is basically saying, "Hey, give me money that would otherwise be going to one of my new teammates." I think it goes without saying that this is a pretty selfish attitude. Though I guess I said it anyway.

Senior Member Triple-A B Richard's Avatar
    Liked 42 Times in 30 Posts
    Most of these kids come from pretty humble backgrounds, not surprised it can be a pure money grab for some. This is even more obvious in the international FA market. Nothing to do but go along with the system and take the BPAMCB (Best Player Available Money Can Buy)
    Bring a song and a smile for the banjo,
    Better get while the gettin's good
    Catch a ride to the end of the highway
    Where the neons turn to wood

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,596 Times in 830 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hey everybody, I'm shutting down this thread for the time being to keep all draft-related talk in the same thread on draft day. Feel free to continue the conversations over here:

http://www.twinsdaily.com/showthread...aft-Day-Thread

Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1555636465