Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: Spring Training Preview

The King In The North All-Star Nick Nelson's Avatar
    Liked 65 Times in 24 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Spring Training Preview

2. This user likes Nick Nelson's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (02-18-2014)

The King In The North All-Star Nick Nelson's Avatar
    Liked 65 Times in 24 Posts
    Blog Entries
    One other thing I forgot to mention: If any of you will be down at the complex in Ft. Myers next month, please come say hi!

Liked 105 Times in 57 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Giddy-Freaking-up!

5. This user likes John Bonnes's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ChiTownTwinsFan (02-18-2014)

Super Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Liked 772 Times in 484 Posts
    I can't wait for my snowbird years when I'm down there the whole time. As it is I'll just have to settle for my 2 weeks in March.

Will you be in a set location at all? Or wandering? How will you 'distinguish' yourselves from the crowd in order for us to find you to say 'hi?'
    "Peace, love, dope! Now get the hell out!"
    Resistance is Sisyphusian!

Congrats on 3 year anniversary, well done!

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
    I'm looking for more contact from all the players more than I am more pop. Closest category to league average the Twins had last year was homeruns. The strikeouts were the hardest thing to watch for me.

I want to be updated on Hicks and why we should trade some bull pen arms, thanks for asking.

On the rare occasion that I've been able to get to Ft. Myers during Spring Training, I've enjoyed watching the early workouts at the back fields to see who is getting more personalized attention and what specific things the coaches are having the players work on. Since the fences are so close to the action, you can often hear the conversations. Including updates on some of these sessions would be insightful for the snowbound masses.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Looks like I joined on the public launch date. I feel special now Though not as special as you moderators who joined a couple months prior.

Been around for two years, heh? What a great site. What a great group of writers and commenters. Every morning while I am having that first cup of coffee I hit sports spyder - twins and Twins Daily. Got to have my fix. With such interesting expectations going into the season I imagine my time on the site will double and I might actually go up a level or two in commenting on what is being written. Well done and wish you many years of growing success.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 93 Times in 55 Posts
    Well Happy Anniversary! This is a great site. I hope to meet you guys down here next month.

To wet your whistles, a little tid bit from today. These guys work hard, but also have fun. Today on the half field the pitchers were doing drills. Everyday Eddie was showing how to cover 1st base, and tripped and took a header. It wasn't much later a body outline was there in the grass where he landed in chalk outline. Never a dull moment around here.

14. This user likes Halsey Hall's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

snepp (02-20-2014)

Liked 105 Times in 57 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post
    Will you be in a set location at all? Or wandering? How will you 'distinguish' yourselves from the crowd in order for us to find you to say 'hi?'
    That's a good question. We'll be in the pressbox but also wandering around, I would guess, trying to see the game from different areas. We will have some "Twins Daily" polo shirts on occasion, but probably not every day. Look for our gorgeous mugs, I guess? Or maybe we'll tweet out someplace for postgame cocktails?

i am a certified positive homer. i love florimon's leather at ss, in time i think his stick will improve. i look for a .250 avg with 10 plus big flys. but what really excites me is hicks. sure he took his lumps last year. maybe he just needs to rob a couple home runs to get in a positive groove. he looks to me like a legit five tool guy.

Out of Bartlett, Guerrier and Kubel, Kubel is the only one I see making the roster. I hope the Twins have him and Willingham rotating at DH. Bartlett was out of baseball last year, and Guerrier is 36, coming off of an injury. If those two make the roster, then something went horribly wrong during spring training:-)

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    i am a certified positive homer. i love florimon's leather at ss, in time i think his stick will improve. i look for a .250 avg with 10 plus big flys. but what really excites me is hicks. sure he took his lumps last year. maybe he just needs to rob a couple home runs to get in a positive groove. he looks to me like a legit five tool guy.

I agree on Hicks. I really hope he's the starting LF or CF. I think the Twins should only use Willingham as a DH, cause they really need his bat and cant afford for him to get injured. Hicks in LF, Pressley in CF and Arcia in RF or Arcia in LF, Hicks in CF and Collabello/Parmelee in RF. I really hope Hicks works out because a future OF of Hicks, Buxton and Arcia sounds pretty appealing.
    Last edited by TC Stunner; 02-19-2014 at 07:55 PM.

Senior Member Triple-A Don't Feed the Greed Guy's Avatar
    Liked 201 Times in 81 Posts
    Blog Entries
    While you spotlight the top prospects (#4) in Florida, I'll be in Scottsdale for a week, watching Morneau and Cuddyer pull hamstrings and sit in rocking chairs. In a year or two they will be back in Ft. Myers, pushing Bartlett and Kubel around the bases in wheelchairs.
    Last edited by Don't Feed the Greed Guy; 02-20-2014 at 09:09 AM. Reason: From "Florida" to "Ft. Myers"

Senior Member Triple-A Paul Pleiss's Avatar
    Liked 25 Times in 19 Posts
    Blog Entries
    SPRING HAS SPRUNG! www.isitspringtrainingyet.com

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 93 Times in 55 Posts
    Be sure to let us know when you'll be down, and maybe a place to look for you guys.

Liked 19 Times in 10 Posts
    Flight leaves in 4 hours... Fort Meyers by 2:00!! Who is already there?
    Nadie dijo que la vida sería fácil, sólo dijeron que valdría la pena.

23. This user likes eLee612's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ChiTownTwinsFan (02-27-2014)

Super Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Liked 772 Times in 484 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eLee612 View Post
    Flight leaves in 4 hours... Fort Meyers by 2:00!! Who is already there?
    My flight leaves in 10 days, 9 1/2 hrs ... but who's counting!
    "Peace, love, dope! Now get the hell out!"
    Resistance is Sisyphusian!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast