Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: Spring Training Preview

Red Fox has entered the den. And changed into shorts and a tank top, damn!t!! About 50% of my flight was wearing Twins gear… so good to see.

Red Sox at Jet Blue tomorrow
    Red Sox at Home on Saturday
    Rays in Port Charlotte on Sunday
    Blue Jays at home on Monday

And after Toronto, only 4 teams left to check em' all off the list! Is there any time restrictions as to how early we can get into Hammond (or the sports complex in general)? Would love to check out who's playing on the rest of the fields.
    Nadie dijo que la vida sería fácil, sólo dijeron que valdría la pena.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eLee612 View Post
    Red Fox has entered the den. And changed into shorts and a tank top, damn!t!! About 50% of my flight was wearing Twins gear… so good to see.

I'll be looking for a Red Fox tommorrow! You can get into Hammond any time, but game days 10am to enter the stadium. Practice should start around 9 tommorrow. Probably end around noon. Plenty of time to take the 10 minute drive to Jet Blue.

Great game today! It was a treat to finally see a baseball game instead of fundamentals. Of course it ended as some in the past, with Parmalee swing thru a fastball. 3 K's and a walk for Buxton, whom I'm sure all in attendance wanted to see run. It was great so see so many pitchers throw in one game, and they had the radar gun working. Fun morning, for sure.

Halsey - you're down here full time, right? I might have to talk to you more later... possibly have convinced my dad to migrate south, but I don't have a clue where to start looking at housing.

My friend doesn't land until 10:50 tomorrow, so after swinging back to the hotel I'm not sure that we'll get to Jet Blue too much ahead of time. But I anticipate Saturday/Sunday/Monday to be all day baseball (and sunny and 80!! ) so perhaps our paths will cross at Hammond.
    Nadie dijo que la vida sería fácil, sólo dijeron que valdría la pena.

I'm not here full time, just Jan til it warms up home. Who knows when that will be this year.

I saw alot of foxes today at the game, but no red fox. Good game though! I may ride a bike over monday, and will be there tommorrow.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Halsey Hall View Post
    You can get into Hammond any time, but game days 10am to enter the stadium.
    Worthwhile to mention that non-game days is the best time to go to the (really tiny) pro shop at Hammond stadium and buy gear. And during spring training it is all Twins, but they do have Miracle stuff in storage downstairs. So if it is quiet, you might get them to get some stuff for you. It will not happen on game days.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Quote Originally Posted by Thrylos View Post
    Worthwhile to mention that non-game days is the best time to go to the (really tiny) pro shop at Hammond stadium and buy gear. And during spring training it is all Twins, but they do have Miracle stuff in storage downstairs. So if it is quiet, you might get them to get some stuff for you. It will not happen on game days.
    If you think the old one was tiny you should see the new one. It's little bitty. It's down past the right field foul pole and holds about 4 people. But you are correct, best to go when the team is away. I did have them get me the Miracle cards from last season. I saw cards today in the little bitty shop but didn't get close enough to see what they were.

Also, if someone is coming down and wants to get baseballs signed, buy them at home. A regulation ball here costs 25 bucks, an AS ball 35.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Blog Entries
    If you think the old one was tiny you should see the new one. It's little bitty. It's down past the right field foul pole and holds about 4 people. But you are correct, best to go when the team is away. I did have them get me the Miracle cards from last season. I saw cards today in the little bitty shop but didn't get close enough to see what they were.

Also, if someone is coming down and wants to get baseballs signed, buy them at home. A regulation ball here costs 25 bucks, an AS ball 35.
    Did they move the old one? What is there now? And the new one is like at the stand level, past the bar that was (is?) at short right before the berm?
    -----

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eLee612 View Post
    Flight leaves in 4 hours... Fort Meyers by 2:00!! Who is already there?
    Give him a year or two and they might actually rename the town after him
    -----

The old one is still open. The new one is past the bar beyond the berm and the bullpen just on the curve to the new drink rails. I think the old one will go when the new construction starts in August.

Liked 1,286 Times in 743 Posts
    Sounds like the current store/stores may be temporary until Phase 2 is completed:

Phase 2 will give the ballpark another major facelift, as the Twins will widen the concourses while adding new concessions, upgraded restroom facilities and a new retail store for fans.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...k_min&c_id=min

In the post under new renovations

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,932 Times in 1,133 Posts
    The old one is still open. The new one is past the bar beyond the berm and the bullpen just on the curve to the new drink rails. I think the old one will go when the new construction starts in August.
    You're talking about the little store at the top of the stairs coming into the stadium? I bought a Miracle cap in there last Spring. And then got to actually wear it to my first two Miracle games at the end of last season.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post
    You're talking about the little store at the top of the stairs coming into the stadium? I bought a Miracle cap in there last Spring. And then got to actually wear it to my first two Miracle games at the end of last season.
    Yes that one is still open. It's about 6 times the size of the new one.

Interesting day again at the park today. The bus had left but alot of players still here practicing. As we've been afraid of, we were fenced out of an area today for the first time. It's getting like Boston around here. But some of the players did come over to sign autographs for fans, like Willingham, Kubel, Suzuki that I saw.

Afterwards we heard there was to be a photo shoot in the stadium, so with nothing else to do a few friends and I went in to see what was up. They were set up down the right field line and quite a few fans in the stands. We sat up in the 2nd deck in the shade. But as it was about to start they asked us to join in the group. They needed more butts in the seats. It featured Joe Mauer. He sat in the stands as a fan, and we posed and acted out different things they wanted, like the wave, catching foul balls, taking photos of the field, etc. It was actually fun and funny! It's for the Strib and the photos will be shown around the end of the month promoting opening day for what I heard. LEN3 passed out water bottles to us as it was hot. Just something I'll have to watch for around opening of the season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12