Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Diamondbacks looking for C (Pinto?) for SS (Owens/Didi).

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 172 Times in 107 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The Twins need both a catcher and a shortstop. Florimon and Suzuki are not adequate in the long term.

It comes down to who is more likely to be a regular on a playoff team. Pinto or Gregorius?

Unless it is clear it is Gregorius, stick with Pinto.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 328 Times in 206 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Batting average is a repeatable skill and helps tell you how often a player made an out.
    I think you are thinking of OBP.... batting average, while not the most overrated stat, only tells you *some* of the times a player didn't make an out.

3. This user likes spycake's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

johnnydakota (02-28-2014)

A little off the thread but I think the Twins should try to sign Andy Parrino who was DFA by Oakland yesterday. Plays multiple infield and outfield positions and has always hit for avg. at AAA plus some pop until injured last year. Plus he is from the Rochester area so great draw for Red Wings and good depth for a team with little middle infield strength

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,302 Times in 1,753 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Since71 View Post
    A little off the thread but I think the Twins should try to sign Andy Parrino who was DFA by Oakland yesterday. Plays multiple infield and outfield positions and has always hit for avg. at AAA plus some pop until injured last year. Plus he is from the Rochester area so great draw for Red Wings and good depth for a team with little middle infield strength
    Welcome, new member!

I don't think, though, it can be a question of signing Parrino - the Twins could claim him on waivers but then would have to keep him on the 25-man squad. presuming that he's out of minor-league options. If nobody claims him, the A's can keep him on their AAA team.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cmathewson View Post
    I don't get this. You don't create one hole to fill another. Pinto is the future. There's no one else in the pipeline.
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    AZ is reportedly asking for a Travis D'arnaud type of catcher prospect. Pinto isn't in that class.
    These could be reasons the Twins were not mentioned in the MLB Trade Rumors article that kicked off this thread.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 104 Times in 76 Posts
    I think the Twins believe they have the solution to their SS problem--in the minors. I also believe that the Twins are very high on Pinto--but Gardenhire wants veterans! I am convinced that the Twins want to delay calling-up 'their future" until next year--bringing them up all at once and delay "their clock." Plus, the Twins do believe in time at AAA.

Oh Ok I don't know if he is
    out of options or not. So if he has options can Twins claim him and stash him in Rochester?

Blog Entries
    Oh Ok I don't know if he is
    out of options or not. So if he has options can Twins claim him and stash him in Rochester?
    Yes, but then presumably Oakland would be doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    Yes, but then presumably Oakland would be doing the same.
    Ok I get it now lol. never been really clear on how the roster stuff works but I'm guessing cause he was DFA that means out of options so if we claim him we keep on 25 man or have to DFA as well? is that right?

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 1,288 Times in 519 Posts
    Ok I get it now lol. never been really clear on how the roster stuff works but I'm guessing cause he was DFA that means out of options so if we claim him we keep on 25 man or have to DFA as well? is that right?
    That about sums it up.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,590 Times in 827 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spycake View Post
    I think you are thinking of OBP.... batting average, while not the most overrated stat, only tells you *some* of the times a player didn't make an out.
    Which is why I said "helps tell you how often a player made an out", not "tells you how often a player made an out".

13. This user likes Brock Beauchamp's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

USAFChief (03-01-2014)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234