Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: South Park: Stick of Truth

Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 206 Times in 115 Posts

South Park: Stick of Truth

I'm really not sure how many gamers there are on the board. But I have to admit I'm enjoying this game more than I anticipated; and more than any game I've played in more than a year. I've never been a hardcore South Park fan, and haven't caught a new episode in nearly a decade, but this game is laugh-out-loud funny at nearly every turn, and there's so many references from the original five seasons that I don't feel at all lost in the humor.

I've had a severe cold this past week and this game has made life some what bearable. Check it out, if you've got time to waste.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,589 Times in 826 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I wish I had time for games nowadays, I'd love to play it. This game has been the subject of every work lunch this week.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 386 Times in 201 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    I wish I had time for games nowadays, I'd love to play it. This game has been the subject of every work lunch this week.
    Everyone has time for games.... I haven't played a RPG game since Zelda on Nintendo and usually just stick to pleb Sports games and the occasional FPS every 2 or 3 years....however, I bought this game and blew through it in a few days during down time (and staying up way too late)

The game is utterly fantastic, I am a huge south park fan, and the attention to detail and the script were amazing. Also as a RPG noob, I didn't have much issue picking up the gameplay or pace at all. The turn base battles didn't even get old.

I think the ending of the game lacks a bit, but that reminds me a lot of Team America World Police, I think at some point Stone/Parker sort of realized they just had to finish the damn thing!

Still, amazing game, buy it. You will find the time for it Brock.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- L. Harvey Oswald