Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Article: Twins Hangouts (3/11): Seth in Florida Episode

  1. #1
    Twins Contributor All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Posts
    1,918
    Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Like
    1
    Liked 119 Times in 65 Posts
    Blog Entries
    177

    Article: Twins Hangouts (3/11): Seth in Florida Episode


  2. #2
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    545
    Like
    0
    Liked 25 Times in 15 Posts
    Blog Entries
    33
    Hey Seth:
    1) Are there any noticeable physical changes in the minor leaguers as many of them have grown up in Twins system? Starting to look like "Men" or MLBers yet?

    2) If Mike Kvasnicka is playing Catcher (inexperienced) and OF - where do you see him playing this Spring? Fort Myers or New Britain? Will they do him like they did Tyler Grimes last year (keep him back for development)?

    3) Will Aderlin Mejia block Niko Goodrum's development or will Goodrum soon bypass him?

  3. #3
    Hi
    I just got to fort myers and am excited to hit up camp this week with my family. Few questions

    1. On Twins game days (this week) what is going on in the complex in the 9-10AM time frame from a fan perspective? Anything at all? Ie twins in the cages etc

    2) have you seen any players sign autographs? When is the best time to attempt an autograph this week? Before a minor league game or after the game, or early AM workouts?

    3) is alex Meyer expected to pitch tomorrow at the sox? Any sox prospects in particular that you're excited to see?

    4) lastly I just got tickets for the new Britain team welcoming dinner as I live in the area. Have you ever been or heard good things about it?

    Keep up the great work and Thanks for all your updates

  4. #4
    Senior Member All-Star JB_Iowa's Avatar
    Posts
    3,309
    Like
    1,297
    Liked 1,274 Times in 738 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyjammer View Post

    4) lastly I just got tickets for the new Britain team welcoming dinner as I live in the area. Have you ever been or heard good things about it?
    If you want info on the New Britain welcome event, contact Andrew Walter (Twins Fan from Afar) -- here's his blog: http://twinsfanfromafar.blogspot.com/ but he posts here, too.

    He's been to several of these (I think) and has posted photos, etc. in the past. Always sounds like he had a great time.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    739
    Like
    56
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    1. On game days there's lots going on early. Bp, Good Morning America, etc. Just walk around and look. Once the gates open you can watch that stuff from above in the stadium.

    2. Autographs are easy to get. Best time for the majors is when the team is away. After practice they'll sign. And then watch for them to come out the tunnel and walk down to the weight room. The minors sign most all the time except when the games on, but those not suited up are there and will during the game. My friends who get minor league cards signed just had a hay day today. Good luck.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    If you want info on the New Britain welcome event, contact Andrew Walter (Twins Fan from Afar) -- here's his blog: http://twinsfanfromafar.blogspot.com/ but he posts here, too.

    He's been to several of these (I think) and has posted photos, etc. in the past. Always sounds like he had a great time.
    Thanks, JB. Glad I saw this.

    Yes, this will be my 3rd Welcome Home Dinner. I wrote about the first 2 here and here.

    You won't be disappointed with it. The guys all sign autographs, there's a raffle for some pretty cool stuff, the drinks (if you want) are pretty cheap. And a player will sit at every table.

    Not sure if you're on twitter, but if you are and want to drop me a line, I'm at @MNfanfromafar.
    Andrew Walter
    Twins Fan From Afar
    Providing Twins and Rock Cats Coverage
    http://twinsfanfromafar.blogspot.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @MNfanfromafar

  7. #7
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    644
    Like
    5
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    I don't use iTunes.
    Are these downloadable anywhere else as a podcast?

  8. #8
    Twins Contributor All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Posts
    1,918
    Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Like
    1
    Liked 119 Times in 65 Posts
    Blog Entries
    177
    http://twinshangout.libsyn.com

    Last night's should be up within an hour.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    644
    Like
    5
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Nygaard View Post
    http://twinshangout.libsyn.com

    Last night's should be up within an hour.
    thanks!

  10. #10
    Owner MVP Seth Stohs's Avatar
    Posts
    6,499
    Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Like
    67
    Liked 372 Times in 197 Posts
    Blog Entries
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by clutterheart View Post
    I don't use iTunes.
    Are these downloadable anywhere else as a podcast?
    You can watch the YouTube video still... or just listen to it while doing other things.

  11. #11
    Owner MVP Seth Stohs's Avatar
    Posts
    6,499
    Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Like
    67
    Liked 372 Times in 197 Posts
    Blog Entries
    515
    Just so people know, the answer was '4 snoozes.'

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Halsey Hall View Post
    1. On game days there's lots going on early. Bp, Good Morning America, etc. Just walk around and look. Once the gates open you can watch that stuff from above in the stadium.

    2. Autographs are easy to get. Best time for the majors is when the team is away. After practice they'll sign. And then watch for them to come out the tunnel and walk down to the weight room. The minors sign most all the time except when the games on, but those not suited up are there and will during the game. My friends who get minor league cards signed just had a hay day today. Good luck.
    Great info

    Dumb question, if the team is away, is it only the players not traveling at the complex? Or are you referring to them all being there prior to hopping the bus?

    Thanks!

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Twins Fan From Afar View Post
    Thanks, JB. Glad I saw this.

    Yes, this will be my 3rd Welcome Home Dinner. I wrote about the first 2 here and here.

    You won't be disappointed with it. The guys all sign autographs, there's a raffle for some pretty cool stuff, the drinks (if you want) are pretty cheap. And a player will sit at every table.

    Not sure if you're on twitter, but if you are and want to drop me a line, I'm at @MNfanfromafar.
    Awesome recaps!
    Looking forward to it

  14. #14
    Owner MVP Seth Stohs's Avatar
    Posts
    6,499
    Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Like
    67
    Liked 372 Times in 197 Posts
    Blog Entries
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyjammer View Post
    Awesome recaps!
    Looking forward to it
    Halsey is certainly more of an expert than me on this subject, but I think a lot depends on when the bus has to leave.

    The guys that don't travel will still put in a good day's work.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    322
    Like
    0
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Hey Seth,

    Listened to this Thursday morning...really appreciated it. Thanks. By the way, as an old Badger...was curious where Jeremy is in Wisconsin?

  16. #16
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    739
    Like
    56
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    [QUOTE=jerseyjammer;202612]Great info

    Dumb question, if the team is away, is it only the players not traveling at the complex? Or are you referring to them all being there prior to hopping the bus?

    I don't go early enough to see the bus leave, but I really doubt those traveling do anything here before boarding.
    Thanks

  17. #17
    Senior Member All-Star JB_Iowa's Avatar
    Posts
    3,309
    Like
    1,297
    Liked 1,274 Times in 738 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyjammer View Post
    Awesome recaps!
    Looking forward to it
    If you and Andrew (and any other TD readers) find each other at the dinner, post a shot for us!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.