Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ST Game Thread: Twins v Red Sox 3/13/14 @ 12:05

Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Colabello making some plays over at 1B!
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,302 Times in 1,753 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Mauer may want to pick his brain.

3. This user likes ashburyjohn's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

jokin (03-13-2014)

Liked 1,279 Times in 740 Posts
    I agree on the Hawks, JC although I hope they can manage to beat Northwestern.

You may have seen more of the Twins game than I did ... I've been trying to switch around plus get some photos edited so I haven't been paying much attention.

Purdue/Ohio State close though.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, hoping Purdue beats OSU. I pretty much hope everyone beats the Buckeyes at everything. Easily my least favorite athletic program in the B1G.

Hughes and Deduno both looked pretty good on the mound for Minny today, from what I could tell. Twins still not hitting the ball much, though.
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Twitter
    @LoganTibbits
    Liked 203 Times in 123 Posts
    Blog Entries
    How did Deduno look pitching? All I can go off is the box score, and that looks good.
    I couldn't be a player because of bad eyesight, so I decided to be an umpire instead.

Blog Entries
    I thought Deduno looked very good. Then again, most of the Sox big leaguers were out of the game by then and he does generally look good the first time through an opponent's batting order. I wish I was more confident that he'll ever cut down on the number of pitches he throws to the point where he can go deeper in to games. Worst case, though, he looks like a dominant RP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Crikket View Post
    most of the Sox big leaguers were out of the game by then and he does generally look good the first time through an opponent's batting order.
    That's one of the things that makes judging the ST performances difficult, e.g. Colabello has been hitting well but has he faced the same quality of pitchers as others? It's really hard to tell from a distance.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 847 Times in 543 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    That's one of the things that makes judging the ST performances difficult, e.g. Colabello has been hitting well but has he faced the same quality of pitchers as others? It's really hard to tell from a distance.
    According to BR, Cola's average ST PA has been against AAA pitching:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...olabch01.shtml

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 847 Times in 543 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Crikket View Post
    I thought Deduno looked very good. Then again, most of the Sox big leaguers were out of the game by then and he does generally look good the first time through an opponent's batting order. I wish I was more confident that he'll ever cut down on the number of pitches he throws to the point where he can go deeper in to games. Worst case, though, he looks like a dominant RP.
    FWIW, BR has Deduno's average strength of batter rating for Spring Training at 8.4, with 8.0 being AAA and 10.0 being MLB:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...edunsa01.shtml

I agree with you though, as a set-up guy or middle innings eater, he profiles to be very good.

Thanks jokin.

Now I know to dig deeper into BR!

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,927 Times in 1,129 Posts
    I tried to post this in thread during the game, but, well ... too hard to see my phone in the sun and the connection just wasn't going through ...

image.jpg

Well, and of course I'm still directionally-challenged when it comes to posting photos.

13. This user likes ChiTownTwinsFan's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Hosken Bombo Disco (03-13-2014)

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 532 Times in 346 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Saw the entire game in person. I thought all of the guys looked good on the mound, Herrmann had 2 knocks, but overall, there is a lot to do in a short time. I will watch tomorrow and hope for better results.

15. This user likes stringer bell's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Hosken Bombo Disco (03-13-2014)

Senior Member All-Star Hosken Bombo Disco's Avatar
    Liked 488 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    According to BR, Cola's average ST PA has been against AAA pitching:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...olabch01.shtml
    does this mean Kubel's HR off of Price will carry more weight than it otherwise might.. Just wondering what you think.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12