Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spring Training Game Thread: Twins @ Cards, 3/19/14 @ 12:05pm (CDT)

Liked 1,276 Times in 739 Posts
    Florimon does look good in the field.

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,299 Times in 1,753 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    What is there to slump from when you start at 0 fer?
    He's got the three walks. Those could dry up in a hurry, once pitchers figure out he's not swinging well.

3. This user likes ashburyjohn's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

JB_Iowa (03-19-2014)

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 532 Times in 346 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Nice outing for Gibson through four. He's facing a pretty good lineup and holding them down pretty well.

Liked 104 Times in 62 Posts
    Gibson is looking good today, that sinker is nasty when its on. I hope he takes the 5th spot, Worley is toast and we already have plenty of bullpen lefties to make Diamond expendable.
    "Professionalism - When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S Thompson

I don't understand why they are hanging on to Worley and Bartlett apparently until the last day of Spring Training when both do not look like they will contribute positively at all to this team this year. Why not let them go now and get more at bats/pitches for the younger guys still with the team in Spring Training?

Also, if Deduno only pitches an inning or so today, that tells me he is likely starting the year in the pen. They are not setting him up at all to be the fifth starter with the way they are using him in games.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Oldgoat_MN's Avatar
    Liked 33 Times in 22 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Bartlett with a hit.
    Bet he's glad he's got that behind him.
    I'm on a whiskey diet. I've lost 3 days already.

Sounds like Gibson looked really good today. Gladden made it sound like the pitch he gave up the tater on was pretty decent as well, just that Adams is a good low ball hitter and it broke into his swing zone. For a guy in a competition for the final rotation spot, Gibson had a really nice outing.

Liked 104 Times in 62 Posts
    Good to see Neshek is still hanging around with someone, he looks the best I have seen him in years not just throwing sliders. He is about my all time favorite twin that delivery is just so funky.
    "Professionalism - When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S Thompson

Liked 1,276 Times in 739 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zchrz View Post
    Good to see Neshek is still hanging around with someone, he looks the best I have seen him in years not just throwing sliders. He is about my all time favorite twin that delivery is just so funky.
    Can't help pulling for him. He was so much fun to watch in 2007 and 2008. And he has always been fun to follow on Twitter -- such devotion to collecting (and to sharing). And congrats to him and his wife on the recent birth of their son.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    I wish Gibson would throw less pitches. 73 in 4.1 comes out to 100+ in 6. That is not horrible especially since today's St. Louis line up was legit. It would be nice to see him shave that total so he could have real shot at making it into the 7th.

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 384 Times in 214 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Pinto looked good to me. Threw out two runners (but only one was called).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12