Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heyman: Twins Place Worley on Waivers

The King In The North All-Star Nick Nelson's Avatar
    Twitter
    @nnelson9
    Liked 87 Times in 31 Posts
    Blog Entries

Heyman: Twins Place Worley on Waivers

According to CBS' Jon Heyman, the Twins have placed Vance Worley on waivers. It was only a matter of time after his brutal outing on Tuesday night. Will be interesting to see what happens with him.

It really sucks for him that it came to this. We need to face the facts. He won 1 game in a Twins uniform, and had the worst spring I have seen in awhile. He we clearly the worst pitcher on the roster and needed to be dropped or traded and nobody would trade for him.

Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 205 Times in 115 Posts
    Well, that didn't take long. The timing is curious, waiting a couple days, but not waiting for until the end of Spring Training.

Twins Contributor All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Liked 121 Times in 67 Posts
    Blog Entries
    According to Mike Berardino, he was placed on waivers Wednesday and will either clear or be claimed today.

5. These 2 users like Jeremy Nygaard's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

gunnarthor (03-21-2014), PseudoSABR (03-21-2014)

Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 205 Times in 115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Nygaard View Post
    According to Mike Berardino, he was placed on waivers Wednesday and will either clear or be claimed today.
    That makes more sense. Thanks.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    The Twins did him a favor by cutting him now, giving him a better chance to latch on to a new team. I wonder if they'd even keep him in AAA if he went unclaimed.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 39 Times in 34 Posts
    Gotta hope he falls through, give him some time in Rochester and hope he gets one more shot in a Twins uniform sometime this summer.

I do hope he clears waivers and the Twins can send him down. I think the Twins would benefit from seeing whether he can make adjustments and reemerge. The fact that the guy had success with the Phils and he is still so young, there should be reason to hope he can still turn it around. Could a conversion to a reliever be an option?

Liked 1,297 Times in 750 Posts
    I'm a little disappointed that we never got to see/experience the "Vanimal" part of his personality.

Feels like just another in an endless stream of pitchers who are with the Twins for a month or two and then disappear only occasionally to be heard from again.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 568 Times in 372 Posts
    Bummer on how this has worked out......real bummer.
    Lighten up Francis....

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 278 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Gibson is the 5th starter, according to LEN3.

http://twinsdaily.com/entry.php/4987...-fifth-starter

Twitter
    @crarko
    Liked 782 Times in 411 Posts
    Hope he makes it through, and gets a chance to develop the skill he needs to be a successful big league starter again.

I'm guessing Kubel will take his place on the 40-man.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
    Hopefully Diamond follows quickly behind Worley. Both are AAA pitchers and if they clear waivers would be assets to call up in a pinch if needed. If they are claimed its good to know they are basically replacement level or below pieces that are easily replaced.

Its time for this team to take a step forward. That means stop messing around with zero upside soft tossers like Diamond and start looking at actual prospects like Gibson.

This is shaping up to be the 4th 90+ loss season in a row. That is a disgrace for a team that will be in year 5 of a new ballpark. Its time this front office and fan base stop worrying about the roster filler and focus on who is going to play shortstop, lead off, drive in runs, play catcher, and other GLARING holes in the lineup.

A great Scott Diamond or the regular Scott Diamond is a difference between being 65-97 and 67-95. It just isn't worth eating up more spring training innings anymore. You know what you have, a guy that will win roughly a quarter of his starts and have an ERA in the mid-5s.

Gibson may not be the answer but its time to see whether he can hold down the job.

Twitter
    @Trimbletj
    Liked 51 Times in 28 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I hope he clears, but I doubt he will. The Blue Jays make a living claiming all sorts of players on waivers, this feels like another one they'd take a crack at.

It's too bad he never worked out for the Twins. Hopefully he fixes whatever is ailing him (be it mechanical or mental) and can return to form somewhere.

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,308 Times in 1,755 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by birdwatcher View Post
    latch on to a new team
    They aren't releasing him. If they were doing that, they wouldn't need waivers.

Senior Member All-Star Winston Smith's Avatar
    Liked 348 Times in 169 Posts
    If he can't stick with the Twins what team is really bad enough to want him?
    This comment brought to you from the Rosedale Mall studio by Hamm's Beer, brewed in the land of sky blue waters.

18. This user likes Winston Smith's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Danchat (03-21-2014)

Liked 401 Times in 264 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    They aren't releasing him. If they were doing that, they wouldn't need waivers.
    I think the assumption is someone will claim him

Liked 401 Times in 264 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    If he can't stick with the Twins what team is really bad enough to want him?
    One that thinks they can waive him as well and he'll pass through because no one else will want him...

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,308 Times in 1,755 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sconnie View Post
    I think the assumption is someone will claim him
    Usually I think of someone "latching on" when he's a free agent. Semantics, I guess.

Liked 2,304 Times in 1,295 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It was only a question of timing.

The time is now I guess.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast