Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spring Training Game Thread: Twins v Pirates, 3/26/14 @ 12:05pm CT

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Oops, spoke too soon. Mauer, WTF?

Senior Member All-Star Boom Boom's Avatar
    Liked 214 Times in 100 Posts
    I'm not watching this game, but I noticed that Mauer was having a lot of trouble defensively. Not picking up balls cleanly, chasing after balls he needs to let the 2B get and leaving no one to cover first...

I know that first base is supposed to be a pretty easy position to play, but don't take it for granted that Mauer's going to step in and be a Gold Glover there...
    Last edited by Boom Boom; 03-26-2014 at 01:24 PM.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MileHighTwinsFan View Post
    How many times will Joe Mauer be stranded at second base this season. Kubel - K, Willingham pop out.

Mauer has to hit third - doesn't he? - if we are ever going to get any runs.
    No, he has to leadoff. He'll walk at least 100 times in front of Willingham. We need a leadoff that can get on base, and that's Joe. You say we need him to drive in runs, well that hasn't worked very good in all the years past, has it? We need him to score runs, and not have the bat taken out of his hands.

Liked 1,681 Times in 840 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Cheated and googled it. The cover is so awesomely, quintessentially late 60's/early 70's that it has to be shared:

5. This user likes LaBombo's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

crarko (03-26-2014)

Liked 1,681 Times in 840 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Just caught the last inning, and Bremer just said, of Arcia I think "Twins fans should have every reason to expect him to hit 20 homers".

While I have high hopes for Arcia, I can't begin to explain how unsurprised I would be if nobody hit 20 homers for the Twins. And there's certainly nobody who fans should have "every reason" to believe will hit 20 out.

Liked 1,295 Times in 749 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LaBombo View Post
    Just caught the last inning, and Bremer just said, of Arcia I think "Twins fans should have every reason to expect him to hit 20 homers".

While I have high hopes for Arcia, I can't begin to explain how unsurprised I would be if nobody hit 20 homers for the Twins. And there's certainly nobody who fans should have "every reason" to believe will hit 20 out.

This is one of the less outrageous statements by Bremer today. The thread in the other forum about mlb.com writers should be tripled for team broadcasters.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123