Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spring Training Game Thread: Twins @ Red Sox, 3/27/14 @ 6:05pm CT

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,304 Times in 1,754 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Listening to the Red Sox radio feed. The broadcast team is currently trying to puzzle out Bartlett's role. Pinch run for Hammer with Bartlett then let him take over in the outfield, with Escobar still available for infield duty. I guess that's right. Right?

Liked 1,290 Times in 744 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    Listening to the Red Sox radio feed. The broadcast team is currently trying to puzzle out Bartlett's role. Pinch run for Hammer with Bartlett then let him take over in the outfield, with Escobar still available for infield duty. I guess that's right. Right?

Well, the way Willingham is going, Bartlett won't be very busy in that scenario.

3. This user likes JB_Iowa's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (03-27-2014)

Liked 1,681 Times in 840 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    With Willi, Arcia and occasionally the Jasons out there, there should be plenty of Web Ungems this year. If Hicks can't hack it, they could end up with a historically bad defensive outfield.

Liked 1,290 Times in 744 Posts
    Overall, I hope that the starting pitchers pick each other up this year. Last season it just seemed like they were in such a downward spiral, nothing could jar them from it.

This year with Deduno in the wings and what seems like a generally elevated staff, I hope that they can stop the bad streaks.

Unfortunately, unless the Twins can find some way to manufacture runs, that doesn't necessarily mean stopping losing streaks. And that's got to be a little demoralizing, too.

Liked 1,681 Times in 840 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    Well, the way Willingham is going, Bartlett won't be very busy in that scenario.
    Ouch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12