Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's your favorite Twin in 2014

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Twitter
    @LoganTibbits
    Liked 203 Times in 123 Posts
    Blog Entries
    For this year it has to be Chris Colabello for me.
    I couldn't be a player because of bad eyesight, so I decided to be an umpire instead.

2. This user likes Tibs's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

BucknersLegs (04-01-2014)

Liked 115 Times in 73 Posts
    Hicks - This guy has all the tools to be a very good and exciting MLB player
    Deduno - I enjoy watching him pitch
    Florimon - I enjoy watching him play SS
    Pinto - I hope he turns out to be a really good MLB hitter. I liked what I saw from him last year at the plate

But there's obviously a bunch of other players I like as well, Mauer, Perkins, I was a big Burton fan until he took a step backwards last year. Dozier is improved and is growing on me. I didn't mind Kubel when he was a Twin before. I enjoyed watching Willingham and Plouffe put balls into the seats a couple of years ago. I hope they both have rebound seasons.

I hope Buxton, Meyer and Sano turn out to be good ones for us.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Colabello and Hicks but ask me again when Meyer makes The Show

Liked 3,147 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Stephen Drew.

//ducks//
    Every post is not every other post. - a wise man

6. This user likes USAFChief's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

snepp (04-01-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Colabello and Thielbar.

Senior Member All-Star cmathewson's Avatar
    Liked 461 Times in 290 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hicks.
    "If you'da been thinkin' you wouldn't 'a thought that.."

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Escobar

got to root for the little guys
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Liked 115 Times in 73 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    Stephen Drew.
    What team is he playing for this year?

Liked 1,274 Times in 738 Posts
    I love the Collabello story but my favorite is probably Aaron Hicks mostly because I want to see if he can rebound from last year's adversity.

But ask again at the AS break because a new favorite may have emerged.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Colabello. This guy is the epitome of someone waiting a long time to finally live their dream. He posted such crazy numbers that eventually the Twins finally couldn't ignore him any longer. Talk about pressure.

Twitter
    @Trimbletj
    Liked 48 Times in 26 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Oswaldo Arcia. I like my players to have a little energy (life / passion) at the plate. Nothing drives me crazy like a player looking a strike three then just slowly walking back to the dugout with their head hanging. Arcia has that energy - yesterday during the 9th inning, Arcia looked furious at the plate. Almost a "I DARE you to throw it to me" look (While he softly grounded out to end the at bat, I still appreciate the effort).

It's the same reason I like watching Deduno pitch. The energy and the "just try to hit this" aggression are refreshing to see.

14. These 2 users like iTwins's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Reider (04-02-2014), Tibs (04-01-2014)

Hicks and Arcia for me with a splash of Josmil Pinto.

I love watching the up & comers that have a zeal for the game.

with that being said, I just may actively root AGAINST the Jasons. I can't stand Kubel and Bartlett offers nothing exciting or useful to the team.

Brian Dozier is probably my favorite Twin and I am also a big Duensing fan because he is a fellow University of Nebraska alumnus.

Also have always liked Kurt Suzuki for some reason (fantasy baseball sentimentality I think) so I was really excited when the Twins acquired him this off season.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Steve Lein's Avatar
    Twitter
    @HangingSL
    Liked 29 Times in 15 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hicks and Gibson!
    Scouting Report: Tools - Power: 30, Hitting: 50, Arm: 60, Defense: 40, Speed: 40. "Line drive swing and shows good contact and on-base abilities. Double's power at his peak. Strong arm from 2B or the OF, stiff hands. Not a fast runner, but above average instincts on the bases. Skinny body doesn't look the part, but can sneak up on you. ACL surgery sapped much of his athleticism." (Probably)
    Spring Training Regular since 2011.

Twitter
    @crarko
    Liked 775 Times in 407 Posts
    All of them. It's still a team sport.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 26 Times in 20 Posts
    Blog Entries
    CF has always been my favorite position (i.e. the "if I was a big leaguer I'd want to be a..."), so when we have someone there to get excited about, he's probably my guy. Puckett, Hunter, Span, I even tried to root for GoGo. Last year's venture into Clete Thomas territory was killing me.

So yeah, this year it's Hicks.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Monkeypaws's Avatar
    Liked 112 Times in 67 Posts
    I'm going with Perkins.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 280 Times in 152 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pleiss View Post
    It used to be easy for me. I never really had to think about it. When I was little my favorite player was Kirby Puckett. Puck retired after the 95 season and I got away from the game a bit while I was growing up. Radke was my favorite, but I wasn't close to the game. And as I got older, and came back to baseball as an adult, I fell in love again; Michael Cuddyer was my favorite Twin, year after year from 2004 until his departure following 2011. #5. And then he was gone.

In the years since Cuddy has been out of Minnesota, it's been hard for me to settle on a favorite player. in 2012 I was all excited about Brian Dozier and that silky smooth head of hair, but I soured on him a bit, even after he moved over to the right side of the infield and started showing some skills with his bat. I've never been a Joe Mauer guy, and as much as I like Glen Perkins, it's hard for me to get excited about and latch onto a relief pitcher. In 2013 I again put my faith in a young exciting player and Aaron Hicks didn't do much to keep my affections (I am, however, still a big Aaron Hicks fan, i expect big things from him in 2014).

This season I've settled on Mike Pelfrey. I can't explain it. I'm excited for Big Pelf. He's like a miniature sasquatch. I want him to do well. I like how quick he's been pitching this spring, and I just feel like I can compell him to do well in 2014.

Who's your favorite this season?
    When I saw your thread title, one name immediately came to me, and I thought to myself no one would have him. But you picked my guy. Pelfrey is my favorite guy on the team...just seems to have a great personality. As a guy who has played ball his whole life (still playing at 63!), I still get a little nervous when I watch very tall and somewhat wild right handers on the mound, and I suspect a lot of hitters don't like to dig in against him. I think he is poised for a big year, now that he is recovered from TJ surgery.

I also love watching Deduno pitch.

22. This user likes longstrangetrip's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Paul Pleiss (04-01-2014)

Liked 2,283 Times in 1,281 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Deduno and Dozier are mine. They play the game the way I like it played... With passion.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

24. This user likes Riverbrian's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Reider (04-02-2014)

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Blog Entries

26. These 2 users like Devereaux's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Hosken Bombo Disco (04-01-2014), Reider (04-02-2014)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast