Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41

Thread: Article: Twins Minor League Opening Day Rosters

  1. #21
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    264
    Like
    15
    Liked 40 Times in 26 Posts
    A bit surprised to see Turner jump all the way to Ft Myers. Hopefully that turns out better than Levi Michael.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    739
    Like
    56
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosterman View Post
    Evan Bigley, when did he disappear?
    I talked with Dougie M and he said Bigley would get picked up by someone.

  3. #23
    Owner MVP Seth Stohs's Avatar
    Posts
    6,500
    Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Like
    67
    Liked 372 Times in 197 Posts
    Blog Entries
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by DJL44 View Post
    A bit surprised to see Turner jump all the way to Ft Myers. Hopefully that turns out better than Levi Michael.
    It's an interesting discussion... I hear so many people say that those college guys need to jump right to Ft. Myers and then move up quickly from there... Doesn't always work so nicely.

  4. #24
    Twins News Team MVP
    Posts
    6,727
    Like
    870
    Liked 847 Times in 543 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Dereck Rodriguez is being converted to a Relief Pitcher?

  5. #25
    Owner MVP Seth Stohs's Avatar
    Posts
    6,500
    Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Like
    67
    Liked 372 Times in 197 Posts
    Blog Entries
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Dereck Rodriguez is being converted to a Relief Pitcher?
    Yes.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    535
    Like
    42
    Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks Seth. I hope Mejia can repeat the success he had last season in FM. What is the story on him again? I know that he jumped to FM just to fill in for an injury (Micheal?) and that he just stuck there. What was the report on him prior to that happening?

  7. #27
    Senior Member Triple-A DocBauer's Avatar
    Posts
    454
    Like
    215
    Liked 173 Times in 98 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Very excited for all the clubs! I can see playoff possibilities for the top three clubs, or at least winning records. I have a few concerns about the offense at Cedar Rapids.

    While I am very pleased at all the pitching talent throughout the minors, I have to confess that my eye is looking at New Britain and Ft. Myers for the tremendous position players between those two clubs.

  8. #28
    Member Single-A
    Posts
    98
    Like
    18
    Liked 39 Times in 26 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Sorry if this has already been asked/discussed. But what is the deal with Eddie Rosario? I mean besides the 50 game suspension. Any guesses or insight as to why he has not been around?

    Thank you.

  9. #29
    I hate to speculate but the fact that Rosario has disappeared leads me to believe he may have entered a rehab facility. The details around his reason for suspension were pretty vague. Baseball has to be hush hush about players in the drug abuse program so the team may be unable to comment on his whereabouts. If this is the case I hope he gets the help needed and can make the necessary changes in his life because all indications are he has a bright future.

  10. #30
    Member Single-A
    Posts
    98
    Like
    18
    Liked 39 Times in 26 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    I sure hope he gets healthy for his own sake. From a baseball standpoint(not nearly as important) I hope he gets back on track. He is a guy I had been watching and really excited about.

  11. #31
    Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Posts
    3,991
    Like
    4
    Liked 123 Times in 89 Posts
    Blog Entries
    67
    Why this speculation about Rosario? If this is more than marijuana, fair enough, but I don't understand these last two comments.

    Anyway, I see these as pretty proper assessments, for a change. I do wonder how Levi Michael is going to do this year.

  12. #32
    Owner MVP Seth Stohs's Avatar
    Posts
    6,500
    Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Like
    67
    Liked 372 Times in 197 Posts
    Blog Entries
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Thanks Seth. I hope Mejia can repeat the success he had last season in FM. What is the story on him again? I know that he jumped to FM just to fill in for an injury (Micheal?) and that he just stuck there. What was the report on him prior to that happening?
    The report prior was a good infielder, slap hitter, good speed, and that's what he was. He was supposed to go to Etown where he would have been 21, just average age. Got the chance in Ft. Myers, I think when AJ Pettersen was promoted.

  13. #33
    Owner MVP Seth Stohs's Avatar
    Posts
    6,500
    Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Like
    67
    Liked 372 Times in 197 Posts
    Blog Entries
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Wahl View Post
    Why this speculation about Rosario? If this is more than marijuana, fair enough, but I don't understand these last two comments.

    Anyway, I see these as pretty proper assessments, for a change. I do wonder how Levi Michael is going to do this year.
    There's speculation because of the secrecy. There's secrecy because there really just should be secrecy for a matter like that. That said, speculation has been all over the board, different drugs, different reasons for not reporting, etc. We'll find out when we need to find out. The key is for him to come back strong, and healthy.

  14. #34
    Owner MVP Seth Stohs's Avatar
    Posts
    6,500
    Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Like
    67
    Liked 372 Times in 197 Posts
    Blog Entries
    515
    Several players are making their way to Ft. Myers for Extended Spring Training including Eddie Del Rosario, Onesimo Hernandez, Wilfredy Liranzo, Callan Pearce, Rafael Valra, Ruar Verkerk, Dubal Baez, Frank Encarnacion.

    I also learned/confirmed that CJ Ziegler was released.

  15. #35
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    547
    Twitter
    @JimCrikket
    Like
    27
    Liked 98 Times in 46 Posts
    Blog Entries
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    There's speculation because of the secrecy. There's secrecy because there really just should be secrecy for a matter like that. That said, speculation has been all over the board, different drugs, different reasons for not reporting, etc. We'll find out when we need to find out. The key is for him to come back strong, and healthy.
    Maybe I'm looking at this wrong, but is it possible the Twins simply don't have their "restricted" players in camp as a matter of policy? Did you see Gallant there? I don't think he was showing up until after teams broke camp.

    That would honestly make sense to me. ST is about figuring out who should open the season on what roster. Guys who have to sit 50 games will have plenty of time to get ready and be evaluated starting April 1, after the full-season teams have left.

    Guess I'm just not sure I even expected to see Rosario. The "excused absence" was possibly just a way of telling the media "he's not here and we're ok with that."

    Covering the Cedar Rapids Kernels for
    MetroSportsReport.comwhile my alter-ego, Jim Crikket, opines about the Twins and Kernels at Knuckleballsblog.com.

    ~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

  16. #36
    Owner MVP Seth Stohs's Avatar
    Posts
    6,500
    Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Like
    67
    Liked 372 Times in 197 Posts
    Blog Entries
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by SD Buhr View Post
    Maybe I'm looking at this wrong, but is it possible the Twins simply don't have their "restricted" players in camp as a matter of policy? Did you see Gallant there? I don't think he was showing up until after teams broke camp.

    That would honestly make sense to me. ST is about figuring out who should open the season on what roster. Guys who have to sit 50 games will have plenty of time to get ready and be evaluated starting April 1, after the full-season teams have left.

    Guess I'm just not sure I even expected to see Rosario. The "excused absence" was possibly just a way of telling the media "he's not here and we're ok with that."
    Gallant also had an excused absence from spring training, so you may be on to something. However, Mark Hamburger was in camp, and he's got a pending suspension as well.

  17. #37
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    547
    Twitter
    @JimCrikket
    Like
    27
    Liked 98 Times in 46 Posts
    Blog Entries
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    Gallant also had an excused absence from spring training, so you may be on to something. However, Mark Hamburger was in camp, and he's got a pending suspension as well.
    OK. I didn't recall seeing Hamburger last week, but I honestly didn't specifically look for him, either, so I didn't mention him.

    Covering the Cedar Rapids Kernels for
    MetroSportsReport.comwhile my alter-ego, Jim Crikket, opines about the Twins and Kernels at Knuckleballsblog.com.

    ~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

  18. #38
    Yea this is unfortunate as he had a great spring and was fired up!

  19. #39
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    739
    Like
    56
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Hamburger has been around awhile. Day off today, but I'll go over tommorrow and see what's happenin'.

  20. #40
    Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Posts
    3,574
    Like
    198
    Liked 532 Times in 346 Posts
    Blog Entries
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    There's speculation because of the secrecy. There's secrecy because there really just should be secrecy for a matter like that. That said, speculation has been all over the board, different drugs, different reasons for not reporting, etc. We'll find out when we need to find out. The key is for him to come back strong, and healthy.
    I think the proper word would be "privacy". I don't think we should speculate beyond what has been reliably reported.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.