Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 456

Thread: Game Thread: Twins@White Sox 4/3 1:10PM

  1. #81
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    995
    Like
    195
    Liked 221 Times in 96 Posts
    De Aza three homeruns off our prized FA signings.

  2. #82
    Twins Moderator MVP USAFChief's Avatar
    Posts
    6,608
    Like
    3,682
    Liked 3,170 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    You did another belly flop after what happened last time?
    Wait...what?

    What happened last time?
    Every post is not every other post. - a wise man

  3. This user likes USAFChief's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    Riverbrian (04-03-2014)

  4. #83
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,684
    Like
    3
    Liked 336 Times in 213 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    At what point would it have been worth it to trade for De Aza, just so we didn't have to face him?

  5. #84
    Senior Member All-Star Gibby's Avatar
    Posts
    1,916
    Like
    1,154
    Liked 929 Times in 567 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    I'm beginning to think your life is one big vacation. You probably return home just to get away from it all.
    I do have it better than I deserve.

  6. #85
    Senior Member All-Star James's Avatar
    Posts
    1,280
    Like
    298
    Liked 141 Times in 88 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spycake View Post
    At what point would it have been worth it to trade for De Aza, just so we didn't have to face him?
    I'm thinking at least three games ago.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

  7. This user likes James's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    notoriousgod71 (04-03-2014)

  8. #86
    Twins Moderator MVP USAFChief's Avatar
    Posts
    6,608
    Like
    3,682
    Liked 3,170 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Ladies and gentlemen, may I present Babe De Aza.
    Every post is not every other post. - a wise man

  9. #87
    Senior Member All-Star 70charger's Avatar
    Posts
    1,116
    Like
    138
    Liked 198 Times in 97 Posts
    Who is this friggin De Aza guy? (And can we trade Duensing for him?)

  10. #88
    Senior Member Triple-A Reider's Avatar
    Posts
    377
    Like
    224
    Liked 115 Times in 73 Posts
    I don't like the way this one is going. Hughes has poor control and our hitters are still in spring training mode.

  11. #89
    Senior Member All-Star Gibby's Avatar
    Posts
    1,916
    Like
    1,154
    Liked 929 Times in 567 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reider View Post
    I don't like the way this one is going. Hughes has poor control and our hitters are still in spring training mode.
    I've grown pretty used to the Twins doing squat until the 7th.

  12. #90
    Twins Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    8,779
    Like
    4,915
    Liked 2,304 Times in 1,295 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Minnesota fans have better hands than Sox fans.
    image.jpg

    Chicago Hands
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

  13. This user likes Riverbrian's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    Gibby (04-03-2014)

  14. #91
    Twins Moderator MVP USAFChief's Avatar
    Posts
    6,608
    Like
    3,682
    Liked 3,170 Times in 1,357 Posts
    My answer to the Twins Trivia Question: Who gives a rat's ass?
    Every post is not every other post. - a wise man

  15. This user likes USAFChief's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    Gibby (04-03-2014)

  16. #92
    Senior Member All-Star Gibby's Avatar
    Posts
    1,916
    Like
    1,154
    Liked 929 Times in 567 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    image.jpg

    Chicago Hands
    Those look like my knees.

  17. #93
    Twins Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    8,779
    Like
    4,915
    Liked 2,304 Times in 1,295 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    My answer to the Twins Trivia Question: Who gives a rat's ass?
    Actually... That's the correct answer!!!
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

  18. #94
    Twins News Team MVP
    Posts
    6,765
    Like
    885
    Liked 864 Times in 555 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by amjgt View Post
    The thing is... there's nothing wrong with his career averages.

    He's an awesome super-utility guy (both real life and fantasy) and a perfectly serviceable starter.
    Except for the Twins....I apologize in advance, but this one is going to be my cross to bear on behalf of the Twins this year. From the day of the Gardy re-signing, the FO said they were going to address the glaring needs of the club so baldly exposed in 2013. They did a very admirable job in shoring up the pitching, and getting a solid veteran and mentor behind the plate was the right move, even if/when Suzuki soon ceases his Buster Posey imitation at the plate. But checking out before Christmas (just like last year!) and not bringing in some better sticks and speed right after checking off the first two boxes on their offseason checklist is very disappointing, especially when they couldn't even go out of their way in picking up a waiver guy like Bonifacio, who wouldn't have cost you a precious draft pick, or a dangerous long-term contract for an aging veteran, or much else for that matter but an expendable minor leaguer. I assume their crack market research staff thought that signing familiar names from the past instead was a better business move, I respectfully disagree with that conclusion.

  19. This user likes jokin's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    Gibby (04-03-2014)

  20. #95
    Twins Moderator MVP USAFChief's Avatar
    Posts
    6,608
    Like
    3,682
    Liked 3,170 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    image.jpg

    Chicago Hands
    I figured that was Zuke's hands after (EDIT: 2/3rds of) an inning catching Deduno.
    Every post is not every other post. - a wise man

  21. This user likes USAFChief's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    Riverbrian (04-03-2014)

  22. #96
    Senior Member Triple-A Reider's Avatar
    Posts
    377
    Like
    224
    Liked 115 Times in 73 Posts
    I actually liked Hughes' pitch placement in the 2nd a lot better than the first.

  23. #97
    Swarzy better start stretching out ... Gardy will have to pull Hughes at 4.1 at this rate ... 101 pitches on April 3 would just be disastrous

  24. #98
    Twins Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    8,779
    Like
    4,915
    Liked 2,304 Times in 1,295 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Those look like my knees.
    The knee bones connected to all of the Shin bones... All of the Shin bones are connected to all of the Ankle Bones.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

  25. #99
    Twins News Team MVP
    Posts
    6,765
    Like
    885
    Liked 864 Times in 555 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by notoriousgod71 View Post
    De Aza three homeruns off our prized FA signings.
    Does anyone know what the Sox were asking for De Aza? I wonder if this isn't a reaction from him after hearing what the Twins lowball offer was to the Sox to acquire him.

  26. #100
    Twins Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    8,779
    Like
    4,915
    Liked 2,304 Times in 1,295 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Except for the Twins....I apologize in advance, but this one is going to be my cross to bear on behalf of the Twins this year. From the day of the Gardy re-signing, the FO said they were going to address the glaring needs of the club so baldly exposed in 2013. They did a very admirable job in shoring up the pitching, and getting a solid veteran and mentor behind the plate was the right move, even if/when Suzuki soon ceases his Buster Posey imitation at the plate. But checking out before Christmas (just like last year!) and not bringing in some better sticks and speed right after checking off the first two boxes on their offseason checklist is very disappointing, especially when they couldn't even go out of their way in picking up a waiver guy like Bonifacio, who wouldn't have cost you a precious draft pick, or a dangerous long-term contract for an aging veteran, or much else for that matter but an expendable minor leaguer. I assume their crack market research staff thought that signing familiar names from the past instead was a better business move, I respectfully disagree with that conclusion.
    I'm slipping in my old age. I missed the punch line.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

  27. This user likes Riverbrian's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    USAFChief (04-03-2014)

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.