Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 247

Thread: Game Thread: Twins @ Indians, 4/4@2:05pm CT

  1. #161
    Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    8,681
    Like
    2,655
    Liked 3,306 Times in 1,754 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Circus Boy View Post
    Dozier has raised his average 188 points this game.
    What's he batting now?

  2. #162
    They're walking Willi to get to Cola?

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by 70charger View Post
    If you haven't been, absolutely go to Ravenna. You can see the sadly ignored Byzantine and even Gothic Italy. If you're I to mosaics, I think Ravenna has the best of their kind in all of Italy.

    Also, Mauer!
    I'm glad my wife is not reading this thread. We just got back from Australia and New Zealand, and she is already looking to plan our next big trip.

  4. This user likes Intramural Legend's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    Gibby (04-04-2014)

  5. #164
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    232
    Like
    497
    Liked 272 Times in 133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    What's he batting now?
    Dunno. I'll get back to you.

  6. This user likes Circus Boy's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    ashburyjohn (04-04-2014)

  7. #165
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    351
    Like
    141
    Liked 280 Times in 152 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    Indians announcers second guessing the decision to hold Dozier at third.
    I hate to whine so much about Vavra, but I agree with them. Strikeout hitter on deck, and like they said, it would have taken two perfect throws to get him. I'm concerned about Vavra's judgment.

  8. This user likes longstrangetrip's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    ashburyjohn (04-04-2014)

  9. #166
    Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    8,681
    Like
    2,655
    Liked 3,306 Times in 1,754 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    Kipnis has a Walker Texas Ranger beard.

  10. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by longstrangetrip View Post
    I hate to whine so much about Vavra, but I agree with them. Strikeout hitter on deck, and like they said, it would have taken two perfect throws to get him. I'm concerned about Vavra's judgment.
    May be a little gun shy after the last one. You have to believe Gardy wasn't to happy with him

  11. #168
    Senior Member All-Star Gibby's Avatar
    Posts
    1,924
    Like
    1,155
    Liked 929 Times in 567 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 70charger View Post
    If you haven't been, absolutely go to Ravenna. You can see the sadly ignored Byzantine and even Gothic Italy. If you're I to mosaics, I think Ravenna has the best of their kind in all of Italy.

    Also, Mauer!
    Yeah, thanks. It's on our agenda for sure. I'd really love to spend some time down south too.

  12. #169
    Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Posts
    1,743
    Like
    58
    Liked 105 Times in 51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by longstrangetrip View Post
    I hate to whine so much about Vavra, but I agree with them. Strikeout hitter on deck, and like they said, it would have taken two perfect throws to get him. I'm concerned about Vavra's judgment.
    I'm guessing that decision was self-reflective over-correcting… and perhaps responsive to an earlier chat with the manager.
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

  13. #170
    That's the Twins I know and love. Leaving the bases juiced and walking away with nothing.

  14. #171
    Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    8,681
    Like
    2,655
    Liked 3,306 Times in 1,754 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Intramural Legend View Post
    May be a little gun shy after the last one. You have to believe Gardy wasn't to happy with him
    Making a mistake in the opposite direction isn't gonna win points back with the boss man.

  15. #172
    Senior Member All-Star Gibby's Avatar
    Posts
    1,924
    Like
    1,155
    Liked 929 Times in 567 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Intramural Legend View Post
    I'm glad my wife is not reading this thread. We just got back from Australia and New Zealand, and she is already looking to plan our next big trip.
    Australia is definitely on my list of must go places. I have an Aussie friend that wants to go with me, which would be awesome.

  16. #173
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    351
    Like
    141
    Liked 280 Times in 152 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Ratio View Post
    I'm guessing that decision was self-reflective over-correcting… and perhaps responsive to an earlier chat with the manager.
    Good point by you and intramural legend...cost us a run though.

  17. #174
    Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    8,681
    Like
    2,655
    Liked 3,306 Times in 1,754 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Australia is definitely on my list of must go places. I have an Aussie friend that wants to go with me, which would be awesome.
    A free weekend in Melbourne during a business trip was nowhere near enough to say I've really been there. Loved the experience.

  18. This user likes ashburyjohn's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    Gibby (04-04-2014)

  19. #175
    Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Posts
    1,743
    Like
    58
    Liked 105 Times in 51 Posts
    Was Carlos Santana named for the musician, anybody?
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

  20. This user likes Ultima Ratio's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    Gibby (04-04-2014)

  21. #176
    Senior Member All-Star Gibby's Avatar
    Posts
    1,924
    Like
    1,155
    Liked 929 Times in 567 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    A free weekend in Melbourne during a business trip was nowhere near enough to say I've really been there. Loved the experience.
    I'm hoping you didn't have to fly that friggin long for a weekend.

  22. #177
    Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    8,681
    Like
    2,655
    Liked 3,306 Times in 1,754 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    B-r.com lists Santana as 210 pounds. Perhaps at birth.

  23. These 2 users like ashburyjohn's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    Gibby (04-04-2014), longstrangetrip (04-04-2014)

  24. #178
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    740
    Like
    56
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Another AAAPlouffe brain cramp. Of maybe that's just a dim light.

  25. #179
    Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Posts
    1,743
    Like
    58
    Liked 105 Times in 51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by longstrangetrip View Post
    Good point by you and intramural legend...cost us a run though.
    Agreed.
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

  26. #180
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    320
    Like
    24
    Liked 63 Times in 40 Posts
    Nasty 2 seamer.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.