Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Twins @ Indians, 4/5@12:05pm CT

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Physics Guy's Avatar
    Liked 43 Times in 32 Posts
    Blog Entries
    By the way, WTH happened to Pelf last night? How do you go from hitless through 4 to completely falling apart in the 6th?

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 141 Times in 74 Posts
    Can someone please clarify why Arcia's numbers through 4 games are suddenly relevant when my (Note to Twins) thread was bombarded with posters going out of their way to tell me how irrelevant any numbers are this early in the season?

3. This user likes Mr. Brooks's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Hosken Bombo Disco (04-05-2014)

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,285 Times in 688 Posts
    Agreed, I think they are just as irrelevant.

Blog Entries
    I didn't see the 36 degree temp. BRRRRRRRRRRR. Better hit the sweet spot today boys or those hands will be stinging.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 141 Times in 74 Posts
    To clarify, I don't have a problem giving him a day off now and then, but I think the time to do it is against a tough lefty, which we will be facing on Monday.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 534 Times in 347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Physics Guy View Post
    By the way, WTH happened to Pelf last night? How do you go from hitless through 4 to completely falling apart in the 6th?
    Dick and Bert were right for once. Pelf had the ball sinking for three innings and suddenly not so much. Also, he lost command of the strike zone, he walked his last two hitters on nine pitches, I believe.

And now for something completely different. Today's game is on Fox Sports 1. I haven't followed this too closely, but I presume Fox, like NBC, has a cable sports channel. Again assuming that they are going to run their Saturday regular season games on the cable sports channel and then run post-season games on the regular network. AmIright?

8. This user likes stringer bell's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (04-05-2014)

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 124 Times in 90 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think they are just as irrelevant.

And I wasn't joking about the cold and Arcia. I also think that nothing is keeping Gardy from putting Colabello in the lineup right now.

10. This user likes Shane Wahl's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ChiTownTwinsFan (04-05-2014)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brooks View Post
    Can someone please clarify why Arcia's numbers through 4 games are suddenly relevant when my (Note to Twins) thread was bombarded with posters going out of their way to tell me how irrelevant any numbers are this early in the season?
    Numbers probably not as important as "non-competitive at-bats". If a guy looks hopeless more than half the time, it probably is time for them to take a day off. I'm not saying that is the case with Arcia, I just haven't seen enough regular season ball (day games on work days).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    Dick and Bert were right for once. Pelf had the ball sinking for three innings and suddenly not so much. Also, he lost command of the strike zone, he walked his last two hitters on nine pitches, I believe.

And now for something completely different. Today's game is on Fox Sports 1. I haven't followed this too closely, but I presume Fox, like NBC, has a cable sports channel. Again assuming that they are going to run their Saturday regular season games on the cable sports channel and then run post-season games on the regular network. AmIright?
    Likely correct, though I hope they have Saturday games on the network at least some of the time going forward, especially given the MLB.tv blackout Saturday's that otherwise all but eliminates my Twins viewing (Cubs, White Sox, Reds, Cardinals, and Tigers get first dibs here in Northwest Indiana).

Liked 3,167 Times in 1,356 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danchat View Post
    Uhh... the invisibility part was cool, but I'd keep my clothes on with the small chance of my invisibility suddenly not working anymore.
    I'm no expert on invisibility, but it seems to me, unless you also own invisible clothes, you would have to go naked. Otherwise there would be this set of clothes just standing around and my guess is you'd get noticed.
    Every post is not every other post. - a wise man

14. These 4 users like USAFChief's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (04-05-2014), Hosken Bombo Disco (04-05-2014), JB_Iowa (04-05-2014), Riverbrian (04-05-2014)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post
    So tempted to edit this to correct it to Gray Duck! And you're from Minnesota????
    For the linguists here--"grey" or "gray", what's the difference?

Blog Entries
    Numbers probably not as important as "non-competitive at-bats". If a guy looks hopeless more than half the time, it probably is time for them to take a day off. I'm not saying that is the case with Arcia, I just haven't seen enough regular season ball (day games on work days).
    He has been both extremes. He has smacked the ball pretty hard at times but also has some bad strikeouts.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brooks View Post
    You are right for the most part, they aren't terribly relevant. Although if Arcia was 6/14 (like Colabello is) and Colabello was 2/18, I would bet Gardy would have Arcia in the starting lineup. Colabello is hot, so he wants him in the lineup. Kubel has started once so far so my guess is he wanted to get him into the lineup. You seem to be getting pretty worked up when we are only five games in. Arcia has more than twice as many AB as Kubel and would be 3X if Kubel hadn't played the long game in Chicago. By the end of the year, Arcia should have 500-550 AB and Kubel around 350 since he will most likely be the primary DH against RHP.

Liked 3,167 Times in 1,356 Posts
    The spelling. Duh.
    Every post is not every other post. - a wise man

19. These 3 users like USAFChief's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Hosken Bombo Disco (04-05-2014), Riverbrian (04-05-2014), snepp (04-05-2014)

Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 206 Times in 115 Posts

Mike Berardino
    ‏@MikeBerardino
    42m Arcia sitting with right wrist issue. Doctor to examine today. Same spot as last year, he said. #mntwins

21. This user likes PseudoSABR's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (04-05-2014)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Wahl View Post
    I think they are just as irrelevant.

And I wasn't joking about the cold and Arcia. I also think that nothing is keeping Gardy from putting Colabello in the lineup right now.
    Yeah, the hoods he and Escobar are wearing sure give the impression they don't much like the weather in the northern US this time of year.

23. This user likes Physics Guy's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (04-05-2014)

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,932 Times in 1,133 Posts
    It wasn't between gray or grey ... it was between goose or gray/grey duck

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,932 Times in 1,133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PseudoSABR View Post

Mike Berardino
    ‏@MikeBerardino
    42m Arcia sitting with right wrist issue. Doctor to examine today. Same spot as last year, he said. #mntwins

ACK!!!! Not what I like hearing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    The spelling. Duh.
    Good point, no linguists needed.

27. This user likes Physics Guy's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (04-05-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer sampleSizeOfOne's Avatar
    Liked 484 Times in 309 Posts
    Obviously, one of them has an a in it.
    "You have no idea how often I contemplate the wavefunction of baseballs. I've
    lost whole days to the subject.

Sorry, not a joke,"
    ++(a pro physics friend)

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast