Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 69 of 69

Thread: Butera is Back?

  1. #61
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer mikeee's Avatar
    Posts
    702
    Like
    6
    Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    I sure hope Drew doesn't get at bats.
    He was waaaay over exposed last year.

  2. #62
    There has to be better back up catchers floating around in other organizations. We really need to take a look at a better replacement than Butera. We should have never traded Ramos.

  3. #63
    Super Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Posts
    2,932
    Like
    472
    Liked 613 Times in 329 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CDog View Post
    Every pitcher? Some pitchers? One pitcher? Most pitchers? Proof please?

    Ok, Javier Vasquez hit .179 in 67 PA's and Chris Volstad hit .196 in 54 PA's for the Marlins last year ( maybe we should hire the Marlins hitting coach)!!! , Joe Saunders .197/ 67 PA'a, Dodgers......that's 3, Butera hit .167.... let's call it a day shall we? Butera shouldn't have a bat in his hands.

  4. #64
    Nice post TwinsNorth49 and I agree with greyeagle2 there has to be better catchers available...Can someone explain to me why we even invest any time or money in to Butera?

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    Ok, Javier Vasquez hit .179 in 67 PA's and Chris Volstad hit .196 in 54 PA's for the Marlins last year ( maybe we should hire the Marlins hitting coach)!!! , Joe Saunders .197/ 67 PA'a, Dodgers......that's 3, Butera hit .167.... let's call it a day shall we? Butera shouldn't have a bat in his hands.
    Take this into consideration. Jason Marquis has a career batting average of .197 in 573 AB's. Last year .190 in 45 AB's . Also something interesting to watch during inter-league play.

  6. #66
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    856
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    Ok, Javier Vasquez hit .179 in 67 PA's and Chris Volstad hit .196 in 54 PA's for the Marlins last year ( maybe we should hire the Marlins hitting coach)!!! , Joe Saunders .197/ 67 PA'a, Dodgers......that's 3, Butera hit .167.... let's call it a day shall we? Butera shouldn't have a bat in his hands.
    Haha. My questions were mostly rhetorical because of the nature of the claim. It was a tiny stone thrown to keep this forum from turning into the comments section of a certain local paper or two. But as long as we're picking nits, we both know BA isn't the best stat for how good a hitter is. Butera crushes those guys on wOBA from 2011 (.183, .201, and .197 to Butera's .202). (I can't wait to see how serious and personal that attack was on the quoted poster!)

  7. #67
    Super Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Posts
    2,932
    Like
    472
    Liked 613 Times in 329 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CDog View Post
    Haha. My questions were mostly rhetorical because of the nature of the claim. It was a tiny stone thrown to keep this forum from turning into the comments section of a certain local paper or two. But as long as we're picking nits, we both know BA isn't the best stat for how good a hitter is. Butera crushes those guys on wOBA from 2011 (.183, .201, and .197 to Butera's .202). (I can't wait to see how serious and personal that attack was on the quoted poster!)
    Lol, I don't take anything personally or seriously (Butera might though), life's too short. Beside's my answer was rhetorical.

  8. #68
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    856
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    Lol, I don't take anything personally or seriously (Butera might though), life's too short. Beside's my answer was rhetorical.
    I actually looked up Butera's numbers to include in my response to be funny...turned out funnier than I thought! I expected he would have a large enough SLG advantage to make up a lot of ground on all of them. I think it was Volstad that actually slugged the same, and the rest weren't far behind. Yikes.

  9. #69
    Super Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    6,969
    Like
    1,041
    Liked 1,260 Times in 752 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    As soon as I saw mid-game that Morneau had come out due to a wrist problem, and seeing his .536 OPS ever since his 2-HR game, I thought of posting a forum question, "who do the Twins bring up to replace Justin?". It has DL written all over it; something the manager and front office knew about and were hoping would work itself out on its own. The wrist will be examined, and the only two possible outcomes will be "surgery" or "rest". No doctor is going to say "get back out on the field, you big baby." Because, Morneau is not a big baby. This is bad.
    I know, I know, it's such bad form to re-post and say I told you so. I was willing to give the brain trust the benefit of the doubt with their wait-and-see approach. But.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.