Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: A's@Twins 4/7 3:10PM

Liked 2,276 Times in 1,280 Posts
    Blog Entries

Game Thread: A's@Twins 4/7 3:10PM

Gametime weather forecast: Mostly cloudy. Winds blowing out to center field at 5-15 m.p.h. Temperature around 55.

A's:
    SP, Kazmir

Fuld CF
    Lowrie SS
    Donaldson 3B
    Moss 1B
    Cespedes LF
    Callaspo DH
    Reddick RF
    Norris C
    Sogard 2B

Twins:
    SP, Correia

Dozier 2B
    Mauer 1B
    Plouffe 3B
    Colabello RF
    Pinto DH
    Kubel LF
    Suzuki C
    Hicks CF
    Florimon SS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things to Think About:

1. The Home Opener -- The Twins have a record of 30-23 in home openers dating back to 1961. They last won a home opener April 8th, 2011... Beating these same Oakland A's 2 to 1. Carl Pavano outdueled Brett Anderson in that game.

2. RBI's -- Some will tell you that RBI is a meaningless stat... I won't get into that argument because today I want to trumpet the fact that Chris Colabello is leading the American League in RBI's with 11. Trevor Plouffe is tied for 3rd with 7... Drive in those runs... Keep doing it... Don't let anybody tell you it's meaningless.

3. Chris Herrmann -- Welcome back to the show... With injuries to Hammer and Arcia... All of a sudden a position of depth has become a position of need. Chris Herrmann has been called up from Rochester to help shore up the OF Corners.

4. Jason Bartlett -- It wasn't a stunning OF debut for Jason Bartlett... I will tell you that I loved the effort made by Jason. I will also tell you that Willingham probably would not have gotten to any of those first 3 balls hit Bartlett's way.

However... I will say that Jason showed absolutely no OF defense instincts on those 3 balls. Willingham would have most likely limited the extra bases by playing the wall correctly or cutting off the ball before it got past him. Will Jason improve as an OF??? I believe he will... but should he be playing OF and potentially CF until he does actually improve?

5. Home Opener -- 2 years ago on the Home Opener... I decided to leave my front door open with a sign that said "Home Opener". All that stopped by for my Home Opener was a squirrel being chased by a Cooper Hawk right through the front door. The Cooper Hawk watched the game with me while it waited for the squirrel to come out from under the couch. Nick Blackburn was pitching and getting rocked by the Angels. The Cooper Hawk couldn't take anymore and he left.
    Last edited by ChiTownTwinsFan; 04-07-2014 at 12:37 PM.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

2. This user likes Riverbrian's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (04-07-2014)

Twitter
    @crarko
    Liked 775 Times in 407 Posts
    Sounds like CCrakes is in right field today.

Senior Member All-Star Winston Smith's Avatar
    Liked 329 Times in 160 Posts
    Think about 62 k's in 6 games and also drawn 29 walks. 29 walks (5 a game) makes me think we've seen some bad pitching, how many k's will we have against good pitching.
    This comment brought to you from the Rosedale Mall studio by Hamm's Beer, brewed in the land of sky blue waters.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Do we know who got put on the disabled list yet?

Twitter
    @crarko
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Do we know who got put on the disabled list yet?
    Just announced: Bartlett, with an ankle injury. Herrmann activated, so we may see Pinto DH today.

7. This user likes crarko's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (04-07-2014)

Interesting stat: A's have beat the Twins 6 straight and 11 of last 13.

A's love to play the Twins. If that's not bad enough, Scott Kazmir, last season while with the Indians, was 3-0 with a 1.45era and striking out 31 batters.

Liked 2,276 Times in 1,280 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    Think about 62 k's in 6 games and also drawn 29 walks. 29 walks (5 a game) makes me think we've seen some bad pitching, how many k's will we have against good pitching.
    Winston!!!

You must post a 6. In front of that thought so we can stay organized.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,904 Times in 1,113 Posts
    Thanks for the lead-in Brian ... and yes, lineups are sweaty ... an hour with a personal trainer followed by an hour of cardio tennis ... no shower, straight home to get those lineups posted! Yay Twins ... go go go! (And time for me to hit the showers ... I don't want to continue to sweat over my keyboard.)

11. These 2 users like ChiTownTwinsFan's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (04-07-2014), Riverbrian (04-07-2014)

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 288 Times in 150 Posts
    Kubes and Cobes in the corners. Wind blowing out. Maybe we should give up a middle infielder and go with four outfielders?

13. This user likes big dog's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (04-07-2014)

Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Almost the exact lineup I suggested yesterday on the Herrmann thread (Kubel and Pinto switch). Let's just hope they hit the ball at people. Does that leave our bench with Escobar and Herrmann?

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    Winston!!!

You must post a 6. In front of that thought so we can stay organized.
    6. ......
    This comment brought to you from the Rosedale Mall studio by Hamm's Beer, brewed in the land of sky blue waters.

16. These 2 users like Winston Smith's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ChiTownTwinsFan (04-07-2014), Riverbrian (04-07-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post
    Thanks for the lead-in Brian ... and yes, lineups are sweaty ... an hour with a personal trainer followed by an hour of cardio tennis ... no shower, straight home to get those lineups posted! Yay Twins ... go go go! (And time for me to hit the showers ... I don't want to continue to sweat over my keyboard.)
    Talk about dedication!!
    Last edited by Winston Smith; 04-07-2014 at 01:44 PM.

18. These 2 users like Winston Smith's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (04-07-2014), Riverbrian (04-07-2014)

Twitter
    @LoganTibbits
    Liked 203 Times in 123 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Can't wait! Go Twins!
    I couldn't be a player because of bad eyesight, so I decided to be an umpire instead.

Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Temp around 55! That's getting tempting. But 225 miles north of there things could be much different. 4 feet on the level in my yard 3 days ago leaves me thinking the asphalt highway can wait awhile. Game day will have to do for the Twins game.

Let's see over .500 once.

21. This user likes Halsey Hall's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (04-07-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer mikeee's Avatar
    Liked 36 Times in 24 Posts
    Beautiful day for some baseball!!!

Twitter
    @crarko
    Nice hand for Nick Punto.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer mikeee's Avatar
    Liked 36 Times in 24 Posts
    And a cold beer.

Senior Member All-Star Hosken Bombo Disco's Avatar
    Liked 487 Times in 284 Posts
    Did they really boo Kubel in the intros? no booing today - it's the home opener!!!

Twitter
    @LoganTibbits
    Liked 203 Times in 123 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I have to confess that Nick Punto used to be my favorite player. Along with Torii Hunter
    I couldn't be a player because of bad eyesight, so I decided to be an umpire instead.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 53 Times in 21 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    I have to confess that Nick Punto used to be my favorite player. Along with Torii Hunter
    LNP is the working man hero of every no-size, all-hustle sports enthusiast. He made us believe that hard work can make a MLB player, and head first slides, don't forget the head first slides.
    I will one day successfully sneak onto the Sportive Podcast, and have nothing intelligent to say or add to the conversation.

28. These 2 users like LimestoneBaggy's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (04-07-2014), Tibs (04-07-2014)

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast