Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Liriano

Liked 682 Times in 439 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Liriano cant hit his spots. It's a serious mechanical, mental and control issue with him. I'm half serious when I say that he should just try to throw the ball down the middle. I bet he'd nail more corners that way.

Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Liked 26 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    Liriano cant hit his spots. It's a serious mechanical, mental and control issue with him. I'm half serious when I say that he should just try to throw the ball down the middle. I bet he'd nail more corners that way.
    I agree completely. Just trusting his stuff and not worrying about location/spots will server him well as a first step toward building his confidence, command and effectiveness.
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

Liked 682 Times in 439 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Ratio View Post
    I agree completely. Just trusting his stuff and not worrying about location/spots will server him well as a first step toward building his confidence, command and effectiveness.
    When I watch him pitch. It's like watching a High School pitcher. The Catcher can set a target but he has to move his glove somewhere else to catch it. There isn't much sense in calling for an inside or outside location. Moving it around to set up the hitter isn't a club in his bag.

You might as well set the target dead center. Let him try to throw it dead center. Chances are that he won't hit the target dead center and he will randomly hit corners by accident. Is it possible with Liriano... the safest method to avoid grooving one is to actually try grooving one? Other than that... I'm out of ideas.
    Last edited by Riverbrian; 05-19-2012 at 10:26 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12