Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 372 Times in 197 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Twins Minor League Report (4/9): 5-0

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 76 Times in 57 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Anyone seen how Adam Walker has looked. He has 2 home runs in 6 games(?) - but how has he looked overall? Especially in regard to strike zone judgement. Would love to hear if anyone has seen any of the games.

Liked 25 Times in 15 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Announcers have stated that he looks good in the box. They stated that he is a lot more aggresive in the early part of count this year. Last year he took too many pitches and seemed to hit with 2 strikes all the time. He also seemed to hit with more 3-2 counts than anyone on the Kernels last year. Going that deep in a count only benefits the team in terms of making opposing pitchers go deep in their pitch count. It doesn't do much for a batter unless you're Joe Mauer. The Twin were critical of their players this spring for taking strikes and not being aggresive in the box. Especially guys with high K rates. Don't waste pitches.

Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Polanco might be my fav prospect right now. Man. This guy has come out hot.
    If he keeps this up, he will end the year at AA.
    A midseason 2015 MLB debut is not impossible for this kid as he on the 40 man roster already.
    Wow.
    Obviously its too early to go overboard...but holy cow what a player. Now he just needs to find a position...

Anyone seen how Adam Walker has looked. He has 2 home runs in 6 games(?) - but how has he looked overall? Especially in regard to strike zone judgement. Would love to hear if anyone has seen any of the games.
    Walker still has the power, but still not getting on base. Its early, he has time but will need to adjust.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts
    Blog Entries
    What are Diamond's prospects if he continues to struggle? How long of a leash does he have with two pitchers in AA who should be in AAA already in Archer and Dean? Is the bulpen an option for him?

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 39 Times in 27 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Polanco just has to shore up his defense

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pierre75275 View Post
    What are Diamond's prospects if he continues to struggle? How long of a leash does he have with two pitchers in AA who should be in AAA already in Archer and Dean? Is the bulpen an option for him?
    Change of scenery? They may try Diamond in the bullpen and hope he can become Duensing.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TKGuy View Post
    Polanco just has to shore up his defense
    He's solid at second but they're giving him some time at short just to see. If he can do it adequately defensively, he could move quick.

Twitter
    @LoganTibbits
    Liked 203 Times in 123 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Going from a 6'10" pitcher to a 5'11" pitcher had to be quite the change for the Great Lakes batters

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 40 Times in 26 Posts
    Is someone getting a callup to replace Mastroianni or are they just going to make do with infielders?

Liked 25 Times in 15 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Walker still has the power, but still not getting on base. Its early, he has time but will need to adjust.
    I agree that Walker needs to improve his plate discipline in order to improve his OBP, but that being said: The object of the game is to score runs. He is second on the team in runs scored, so he must be getting on base at the right times. "Great is always better, But Good aint bad". He was second in the MWL last year in runs scored, even with his lowish OBP. That's pretty good. "I would love Great too, but won't shoot down Good".

Despite slow start - Walker is on pace for 140 RBI and 46 HRs through 6 games. Hopefully he finds a way to adjust. Just Joking - Truly. He does need to improve his OBP and I'm excited to see what becomes of him when he does figure it out. Great start Miracle.

Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clutterheart View Post
    Polanco might be my fav prospect right now. Man. This guy has come out hot.
    If he keeps this up, he will end the year at AA.
    A midseason 2015 MLB debut is not impossible for this kid as he on the 40 man roster already.
    Wow.
    Obviously its too early to go overboard...but holy cow what a player. Now he just needs to find a position...

Polanco still has some rust to clean up. Took a very bad at bat last night with the bases loaded and one out. Tried to pull and hit into a double play 3rd to home to 1st. I was standing with a roving coach at the time and he was upset.

Walker swings and misses alot, but at least he's taking his cuts.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Halsey Hall View Post
    Polanco still has some rust to clean up. Took a very bad at bat last night with the bases loaded and one out. Tried to pull and hit into a double play 3rd to home to 1st. I was standing with a roving coach at the time and he was upset.

Walker swings and misses alot, but at least he's taking his cuts.

A player tries to hit a HR with the bases loaded and the coach gets upset?
    I say fire that coach!

I speak in jest, but you I get what i am talking about

Word was that the Twins wanted Parmelee to be more aggressive early in the count in his at bats. Anybody know if that is happening yet in this small sample?

Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clutterheart View Post
    A player tries to hit a HR with the bases loaded and the coach gets upset?
    I say fire that coach!

I speak in jest, but you I get what i am talking about
    Tie game and a pitch to take the other way. Shouldn't even be thinking of a home run, just get a run in.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Halsey Hall View Post
    Tie game and a pitch to take the other way. Shouldn't even be thinking of a home run, just get a run in.
    Its a joke, but could've been thinking Sac Fly

Liked 76 Times in 57 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lightfoot789 View Post
    I agree that Walker needs to improve his plate discipline in order to improve his OBP, but that being said: The object of the game is to score runs. He is second on the team in runs scored, so he must be getting on base at the right times. "Great is always better, But Good aint bad". He was second in the MWL last year in runs scored, even with his lowish OBP. That's pretty good. "I would love Great too, but won't shoot down Good".

Despite slow start - Walker is on pace for 140 RBI and 46 HRs through 6 games. Hopefully he finds a way to adjust. Just Joking - Truly. He does need to improve his OBP and I'm excited to see what becomes of him when he does figure it out. Great start Miracle.
    He [Walker] just hit his 4th HR in 9 games tonight...

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 847 Times in 543 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsfan34 View Post
    He [Walker] just hit his 4th HR in 9 games tonight...
    Nothing wrong with numbers similar to Chris Davis at the same age. Good start in a pitcher's league and he's got an ISO now well over .300....and his other batting-related numbers will improve as his BABIP normalizes. I don't think anyone should count this kid out strictly based on his K%, he's now got a manager who knew how to take good ABs in his day.