Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Twins set a Target Field attendance record today.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 847 Times in 543 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spycake View Post
    How about keep the Twins in Minneapolis, and move the Rays to St. Paul? (Actually, that would be pretty cool...)
    Competition is a good thing. This region supports winners (maybe even 2 winners? Pretty cool, indeed....)

Twitter
    @crarko
    Liked 775 Times in 407 Posts
    How about keep the Twins in Minneapolis, and move the Rays to St. Paul? (Actually, that would be pretty cool...)
    I'd buy that for a dollar.

Senior Member All-Star Winston Smith's Avatar
    Liked 329 Times in 160 Posts
    NO loyalists today? Everything will be alright? Terry has a plan and its working great and no way 3 of our top prospects we are really counting on could all miss extended time this year.

Don't worry be happy! Best way to stay happy is by not spending any money on this team!!
    This comment brought to you from the Rosedale Mall studio by Hamm's Beer, brewed in the land of sky blue waters.

4. This user likes Winston Smith's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

mike wants wins (04-11-2014)

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 659 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsmerf View Post
    I say the record will be set at 15,000 this year. We should have a prediction thread about this!
    Well the floor is likely driven by the season tickets purchased for a chance at the all-star game. I'd be surprised if we dipped too much below 15,000 for many games.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 564 Times in 369 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Well the floor is likely driven by the season tickets purchased for a chance at the all-star game. I'd be surprised if we dipped too much below 15,000 for many games.

This year.....tickets sales are highly correlated with the records of the past, not future hope. Given no ASG next year, and a possible 90+ loss season again, next year could look bad.
    Lighten up Francis....

7. This user likes mike wants wins's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

TheLeviathan (04-11-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Highabove's Avatar
    Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
    The Twins will never release a game attendance number below seventeen thousand.
    Those seats have been purchased every game by the Season Tickets holders.
    There will always be a few tickets purchased outside of the season tickets.
    We will probably not see an announced total below nineteen thousand.
    The actual number in the Ballpark is another story. My guess yesterday was 10 to 12 thousand at Target Field. You could count the number of people in the top deck.
    Last edited by Highabove; 04-11-2014 at 01:43 PM.

Twitter
    @crarko
    I know. And it only happens here, too. For example the Rays are so good, I'm sure they only play to standing room only crowds.

10. This user likes crarko's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

gunnarthor (04-11-2014)

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 320 Times in 202 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Highabove View Post
    The Twins will never release a game attendance number below seventeen thousand.
    Those seats have been purchased every game by the Season Tickets holders.
    I think there are ~17,000 full season equivalent ticket holders, but that doesn't necessarily mean there are ~17,000 season tickets purchased for any individual game. Not sure if some partial plans outweigh any others, but maybe Plan A is 19,000 and Plan D is only 15,000, etc. But they try to keep the plans pretty even, so you're mostly right.

If there are 17,000 season tickets, and they only drew 20,000 total yesterday, that's pretty bad regardless!

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 384 Times in 214 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Frankly I feel like I endured too rough of a winter to waste a beautiful afternoon at Target Field. That will change in a few weeks regardless of how badly the team does, but to be honest I haven't watched a game since Saturday (on t.v.) and don't plan to watch any in the near future. The product can't even compete with a bike ride or an afternoon in the garage.

13. These 2 users like Willihammer's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Hosken Bombo Disco (04-11-2014), mike wants wins (04-11-2014)

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 141 Times in 74 Posts
    And is it bad that I sort of enjoy the bad team, in terms of attendance and ticket demand? Pretty sweet picking up $2 tickets on the secondary market and finding a friendly usher with an empty section... and I don't feel bad about chasing my toddler around the concourse and missing a few innings at a time either.

Not as fun as plentiful, cheap seats for those good teams at the Dome 2001-2009, but a decent substitute!
    You ever hear the saying , "you get what you pay for"?

There is a reason the tix are 2 bucks.

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Well the record is already broken - according to Judd paid attendance was 20,507 for today's day game. And people are actually missing a pretty good game today. Afternoon weekday game in April still applies. Still isn't the type of news the team was hoping to make though, front office has to be sweating a bit.

Twitter
    @crarko
    Quote Originally Posted by sandbun View Post
    Well the record is already broken - according to Judd paid attendance was 20,507 for today's day game. And people are actually missing a pretty good game today. Afternoon weekday game in April still applies. Still isn't the type of news the team was hoping to make though, front office has to be sweating a bit.
    Let us not forget the record cold temperature to go with it. That mitigates the sweating a bit.

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crarko View Post
    Let us not forget the record cold temperature to go with it. That mitigates the sweating a bit.
    Last year April 23rd (closest home date I could find with a weekday early game) the temp was 38 degrees, and they drew 25,716 against MIA.

Twitter
    @crarko
    Quote Originally Posted by sandbun View Post
    Last year April 23rd (closest home date I could find with a weekday early game) the temp was 38 degrees, and they drew 25,716 against MIA.
    Were they drawn in ink or crayon, though?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 37 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    NO loyalists today? Everything will be alright? Terry has a plan and its working great and no way 3 of our top prospects we are really counting on could all miss extended time this year.

Don't worry be happy! Best way to stay happy is by not spending any money on this team!!
    At this time no loyalists has taken your bait. The same song has ben sung by so many times the choir on this board there is no point in engaging it. It has already been done a few hundred times. Much like in 1977 when a Debby Boone song hit the radio for the millionth time, you learn to tune it out the screech or change the channel. It does no good to scream "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, not again " because then as now, those tired refrains will pop up no matter what.
    In case you are fortuate enough to be too young to have lived through Pat Boone's kid singing, imagine hearing this every hour on the radio.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnk8SKD9zcA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12