04-11-2014, 04:18 PM #1
Game Thread: Royals@Twins 4/11 7:10PM
Game-time forecast: Mostly cloudy. Winds blowing out to left field at 5-10 m.p.h. Temperature around 65.
Things to Think About:
1. Starting Pitching -- It's EARLY!!! It really is... I don't blame anyone for gulping... I'm gulping... but... It's early... It really is.
2. Gulping -- I won't be hypocritical... I was for the Signing of Nolasco... I think he has potential. I was less excited about the signing of Hughes but I also believe he has potential and was OK with it while not overly bursting at the seems in happiness. Pelfrey... surprised me because I thought the Twins would try to hang on to Diamond, Worley and Deduno. OK... Worley is gone and Pelfrey was signed... Pelfrey might work out... I hope he does.
What I'm gulping about is the possibility that none of these guys reach the potential that I think they could reach. We got years and money tied up in these guys. If they don't pan out... It could set us back and we still have a ways to go... I look at the Marlins right now and the thought crossed my mind that the young rotation they have is kinda cool. It's OK... IT's EARLY YET. I just gotta relax and let it happen.
3. Kyle Gibson -- Kyle has a decent 2014 start under his belt... We need a win... If Kyle gets lit up that means that all 5 of our guys have been lit up before the calendar hits April 12 and that will haunt me. A win tonight by a starting pitcher... would qualify as a stopper... Gibby could be the stopper!!! C'mon Gibson... Be the Stopper!!!
4. The Royals -- They just hit their first home run of the year when Gordon found the seats. Is this a reflection of:
A. Slow start
B. Lack of Power
C. The first sign of some lava flowing out before the Volcano blows.
5. Ruby Tuesday -- Which is better? The Chain Restaurant or the Rolling Stone song? I'm going to eat at Ruby Tuesday tonight and I'm going to listen to the song driving back from the restaurant. I figure that's the best way to answer that important question.
Last edited by ChiTownTwinsFan; 04-11-2014 at 04:37 PM.A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".
04-11-2014, 04:43 PM #2
I fear "C".Every post is not every other post. - a wise man
04-11-2014, 04:48 PM #3
6. I think about why these guys signed with the Twins. So many guys didn't want the twins money, we hear, did they take it because nobody else offered? If nobody else offered it might explain what we've seen so for.
Think about that we have 4 yrs for Nolasco, 3 yrs for Hughes and 2 for Pelfry to find out.
Somewhere in all those years one of these guys has to pitch a good game, don't they?
To be kind of serious these guys can't continue being this bad can they, really???This comment brought to you from the Rosedale Mall studio by Hamm's Beer, brewed in the land of sky blue waters.
04-11-2014, 05:08 PM #4
Did not have a good feeling going into the A's series. I have a pretty good feeling now though. Twins take 2 at least.
04-11-2014, 05:21 PM #5
- Liked 775 Times in 407 Posts
Also, Steinbach is the manager tonight and probably tomorrow as Gardy is attending Michael Hirschbeck's funeral.
04-11-2014, 06:37 PM #6
04-11-2014, 06:47 PM #7
04-11-2014, 07:08 PM #8
04-11-2014, 07:10 PM #9
- Liked 66 Times in 43 Posts
Royals low Homerun totals.....ARE ABOUT TO CHANGE!
04-11-2014, 07:11 PM #10
I'm gonna give the restaurant Ruby Tuesdays the nod over the Rolling Stone song Ruby Tuesday.
Mainly because Brian Jones spilled his recorder all over song and I don't like recorders in my rock and roll.A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".
04-11-2014, 07:11 PM #11Pelfrey... surprised me because I thought the Twins would try to hang on to Diamond, Worley and Deduno
04-11-2014, 07:12 PM #12
04-11-2014, 07:15 PM #13
04-11-2014, 07:15 PM #14
04-11-2014, 07:17 PM #15
- Liked 775 Times in 407 Posts
04-11-2014, 07:18 PM #16
Why do these first innings feel like last year?
04-11-2014, 07:20 PM #17
- Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
Here we go again. Not much to tune in to these days.
04-11-2014, 07:22 PM #18
- Liked 149 Times in 78 Posts
I've had it with Florimon. He can't hit, and his defense is over-rated. Turning that double-play is more important than whatever 'range' play he might make later.
This user likes howeda7's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:
04-11-2014, 07:23 PM #19
However... For my tastes... Brian put too much stuff into songs. He was always trying to grab a strange instrument and make noise with it.
I'm a Mick Taylor guy... The Stones just became the definition of Rock and Roll when he joined the band and they kinda changed when he left.
Let it Bleed... Sticky Fingers... Still blow me away.A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".
This user likes Riverbrian's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:
04-11-2014, 07:24 PM #20
Already at 25 pitches. Another night where the starter will not likely get beyond the 5th inning.
"Mediocre breaking balls are a gift from God." - Kirby Puckett