Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 369 Times in 195 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Twins Minor League Report (4/11): Garver Powers Kernels Win

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 843 Times in 539 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Is Mitch Garver better than we all expected, or is he just beating up on pitchers a grade below both his age and skill level? Can he project to a Ryan Doumit-type player, or something even better, both at the plate and behind the plate?

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Is Mitch Garver better than we all expected, or is he just beating up on pitchers a grade below both his age and skill level? Can he project to a Ryan Doumit-type player, or something even better, both at the plate and behind the plate?
    A 9th round pick just last year, he was a senior, so he was able to save the team some money to sign others. That said, he was one of the three finalists for the Johnny Bench Award for top college catcher (Stuart Turner won it). He's a solid player, a good defensive catcher, and he can hit a bit. He's not young for the level, but so far he's putting up the numbers. THey had him working a lot at 1B in spring training too. I think there's enough to be intrigued about going forward.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Another exciting day to watch our pitching prospects, with both Meyer and Stewart starting, weather permitting, of course.

Speaking of prospects has anything come out of Ft Myers about Lewis Thorpe's spring?

Senior Member Triple-A Don't Feed the Greed Guy's Avatar
    Liked 219 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    I think there's enough to be intrigued about going forward.
    Intrigued? Four homers and three doubles in 25 at bats? Last year he hit two homers & 15 doubles in 202 at bats. I'm intrigued.

Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm reading that John Murphy stole home for Fort Myers last night. Was it a straight steal, or did something happen there?

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 39 Times in 27 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Gibson with two wins, Meyer and May, Duffey, Berrios, Stewart, Eades and many more. That's why baseball will keep my attention all year

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TKGuy View Post
    Gibson with two wins, Meyer and May, Duffey, Berrios, Stewart, Eades and many more. That's why baseball will keep my attention all year
    Well put!

What has happened to B.J Hermsen? I'd think he is soon to be a release candidate.

I probably missed it somewhere, but is there any news at all on the Eddie Rosario front?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Niedermann View Post
    What has happened to B.J Hermsen? I'd think he is soon to be a release candidate.
    He's in the NB bullpen.
    Andrew Walter
    Twins Fan From Afar
    Providing Twins and Rock Cats Coverage
    http://twinsfanfromafar.blogspot.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @MNfanfromafar

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by biscuit View Post
    I probably missed it somewhere, but is there any news at all on the Eddie Rosario front?
    Nope, and there won't be until there is. The Twins certainly aren't going to talk about it until there is something to talk about.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 25 Times in 15 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff A View Post
    I'm reading that John Murphy stole home for Fort Myers last night. Was it a straight steal, or did something happen there?
    Runner on first and third. Lefty pitcher throws to first for pick off and Murphy breaks from third on his initial move to first. Murphy is extremely fast and excellent defender as well in all 3 OF positions.

Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, lightfoot. Not a traditional straight steal of home, then, but pretty impressive nonetheless.