Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 149

Thread: Game Thread: Royals@Twins 4/12 1:10PM

  1. #101
    Senior Member Triple-A Reider's Avatar
    Posts
    377
    Like
    224
    Liked 115 Times in 73 Posts
    Not a terrible at bat from Florimon.. fouled a few off, made the pitcher throw a bunch, then hit it hard to right field. He just needs to start finding holes.

  2. This user likes Reider's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    glunn (04-12-2014)

  3. #102
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,485
    Like
    150
    Liked 141 Times in 74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reider View Post
    He just needs to start finding holes.

  4. These 5 users like Mr. Brooks's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    GCTF (04-12-2014), longstrangetrip (04-12-2014), Reider (04-12-2014), Riverbrian (04-12-2014), Tibs (04-12-2014)

  5. #103
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,485
    Like
    150
    Liked 141 Times in 74 Posts
    Florimon flirting with the OPS Mendoza line.

  6. #104
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    695
    Twitter
    @LoganTibbits
    Like
    498
    Liked 203 Times in 123 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    How many balls have we driven right at outfielders? Jeez that's frustrating
    I couldn't be a player because of bad eyesight, so I decided to be an umpire instead.

  7. This user likes Tibs's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    glunn (04-12-2014)

  8. #105
    Senior Member Triple-A zchrz's Avatar
    Posts
    217
    Like
    41
    Liked 104 Times in 62 Posts
    Mauer is smoking em today
    "Professionalism - When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S Thompson

  9. This user likes zchrz's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    glunn (04-12-2014)

  10. #106
    Senior Member All-Star crarko's Avatar
    Posts
    1,219
    Twitter
    @crarko
    Like
    155
    Liked 775 Times in 407 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    How many balls have we driven right at outfielders? Jeez that's frustrating
    The Royals were kind enough to oblige with the early errors, though. It seems an equitable trade.

  11. This user likes crarko's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    glunn (04-12-2014)

  12. #107
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    351
    Like
    141
    Liked 280 Times in 152 Posts
    I just got back home and am more delighted than anyone to see the 7-1 score. I was hitting in the batting cages in south LA, and driving back on Crenshaw I (unwisely) tried to find the Twins game on Gameday. Inadvertently, I punched up the wrong game on my iphone, and seeing the home team behind 3-0 in the first, began swearing at Nolasco. I mentally prepared a ranting post that was going to whine that 3 bad starts by Ricky made me think we should consider sending him down to figure out what's wrong (a la Vanimal last year). Imagine my surprise when I got home and realized my mistake! I love Nolasco now!

    (I am so fickle)

  13. These 2 users like longstrangetrip's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    BigTrane (04-12-2014), glunn (04-12-2014)

  14. #108
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,485
    Like
    150
    Liked 141 Times in 74 Posts
    Assuming Nolasco has a good 8th, and is around 105 pitches, will Steiny have the guts to send him out to finish what he started?
    My guess is Gardy has a sniper in the stands to prevent such a preposterous thing.

  15. These 2 users like Mr. Brooks's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    glunn (04-12-2014), twinsnorth49 (04-12-2014)

  16. #109
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    242
    Like
    106
    Liked 73 Times in 50 Posts
    Spent plenty of time in CA, lots of time in SF...
    I know nothing about batting cages in either city.

    Where I'm at, this is what we have:
    http://www.321play.com.hk/bs/

    Anyway, Ricky: first good start
    Real key: Twins hitting.
    Feel free to pile on about Suzuki.

  17. #110
    Head Moderator MVP glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    5,070
    Like
    4,498
    Liked 714 Times in 378 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by longstrangetrip View Post
    I just got back home and am more delighted than anyone to see the 7-1 score. I was hitting in the batting cages in south LA, and driving back on Crenshaw I (unwisely) tried to find the Twins game on Gameday. Inadvertently, I punched up the wrong game on my iphone, and seeing the home team behind 3-0 in the first, began swearing at Nolasco. I mentally prepared a ranting post that was going to whine that 3 bad starts by Ricky made me think we should consider sending him down to figure out what's wrong (a la Vanimal last year). Imagine my surprise when I got home and realized my mistake! I love Nolasco now!

    (I am so fickle)
    I also live in the LA area and will be in south LA tonight (Carson). It's good to be a Twins fan without having to endure harsh winters.

  18. This user likes glunn's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    BigTrane (04-12-2014)

  19. #111
    Head Moderator MVP glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    5,070
    Like
    4,498
    Liked 714 Times in 378 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTrane View Post
    Spent plenty of time in CA, lots of time in SF...
    I know nothing about batting cages in either city.

    Where I'm at, this is what we have:
    http://www.321play.com.hk/bs/

    Anyway, Ricky: first good start
    Real key: Twins hitting.
    That place looks very nice.

  20. #112
    Senior Member Triple-A Don't Feed the Greed Guy's Avatar
    Posts
    426
    Like
    219
    Liked 219 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTrane View Post
    Real key: Twins hitting.
    And Royals fielding. Six unearned runs in the 2nd. Ouch.

  21. This user likes Don't Feed the Greed Guy's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    glunn (04-12-2014)

  22. #113
    Senior Member Triple-A zchrz's Avatar
    Posts
    217
    Like
    41
    Liked 104 Times in 62 Posts
    Im about 4 hours from LA, on the coast in San Luis Obispo.
    "Professionalism - When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S Thompson

  23. This user likes zchrz's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    glunn (04-12-2014)

  24. #114
    Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,770
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Like
    1,401
    Liked 1,904 Times in 1,113 Posts
    Kuuuuuuubes!

  25. #115
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    351
    Like
    141
    Liked 280 Times in 152 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTrane View Post
    Spent plenty of time in CA, lots of time in SF...
    I know nothing about batting cages in either city.

    Where I'm at, this is what we have:
    http://www.321play.com.hk/bs/

    Anyway, Ricky: first good start
    Real key: Twins hitting.
    Very cool, BigTrane! My favorite cages use Iron Mikes, so you can time the delivery better but also only see fastballs. It looks like your place throws breaking stuff too...very cool!

    I love HK. I spent 3 years in Shanghai and got to HK often for deals. Spectacular city!

  26. #116
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    351
    Like
    141
    Liked 280 Times in 152 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    I also live in the LA area and will be in south LA tonight (Carson). It's good to be a Twins fan without having to endure harsh winters.
    You're so right, glunn, although I wish the Twins would come here more often...sucks that the Dodger games this year are only at Target Field.

    The cages I like are down on Western and about 120th. Not my favorite neighborhood, but they are great cages.

  27. This user likes longstrangetrip's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    glunn (04-12-2014)

  28. #117
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,284
    Like
    252
    Liked 288 Times in 150 Posts
    Very nice job by Nolasco. Great start. 106 pitches through 8. I'd let him finish if he wants to, but I'm happy to give Tonkin the 9th and welcome him back to the bigs in the ultimate low-pressure situation.

  29. These 2 users like big dog's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    ChiTownTwinsFan (04-12-2014), glunn (04-12-2014)

  30. #118
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    351
    Like
    141
    Liked 280 Times in 152 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zchrz View Post
    Im about 4 hours from LA, on the coast in San Luis Obispo.
    You, sir, are a lucky guy.

  31. This user likes longstrangetrip's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    glunn (04-12-2014)

  32. #119
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer mikeee's Avatar
    Posts
    777
    Like
    18
    Liked 36 Times in 24 Posts
    aw rite Ricky!!

  33. #120
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    242
    Like
    106
    Liked 73 Times in 50 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by longstrangetrip View Post
    Very cool, BigTrane! My favorite cages use Iron Mikes, so you can time the delivery better but also only see fastballs. It looks like your place throws breaking stuff too...very cool!

    I love HK. I spent 3 years in Shanghai and got to HK often for deals. Spectacular city!
    Right on- I am in Dongguan for work, here in HK for the weekend.
    Any time business brings you back to China, give a PM first- dinner is on me.
    Feel free to pile on about Suzuki.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.