Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Why Not Play Ball in the Snow - 4/16/2014????

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries

Why Not Play Ball in the Snow - 4/16/2014????

Why cancel the game? You baseball players and wimpy fans can't handle a little snow. They play football in the snow. Why not baseball? We're not the Orlando Twins - this is a Team from MINNESOTA - act like it's from Minesota. Think of the fun watching or attending such a game. There would be no routine fly balls, and sliding runners would spray the infielders with mud rather than a cloud of dust. Fans could wear Santa Claus suits or five fans could go bare-chested and spell out T-W-I-N-S in grease paint. The Mayo Clinic could even bring back the annoying dance-off on the icy dugouts and plaza. Have them dance to "Ice Ice Baby" or "Cold as Ice". Oh, you're worried about injuries?? The players are paid to put their bodies on the line - and there is no scientific study anyway showing that injuries increase when baseball is played in the snow. I say "PLAY BALL!!!"

Twitter
    @crarko
    Liked 776 Times in 408 Posts
    I've already crossed sitting through a cold, windy, game at Target Field off the bucket list. Don't need to do it again.

3. This user likes crarko's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

gil4 (04-17-2014)

Senior Member All-Star Hosken Bombo Disco's Avatar
    Liked 489 Times in 285 Posts
    Also thank your Commissioner for schedule imbalance. Toronto doesn't come back this way again this year.

And to those folks not in the Twin Cities…. YES it is snowing heavily, the wet miserable type of snow, blowing and creating slush everywhere. Northern Wisconsin will get the worst of it as usual. No chance the game would be played but tomorrow is looking up.

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,285 Times in 688 Posts
    Wimps....when I was a kid..

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,285 Times in 688 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosken Bombo Disco View Post
    Also thank your Commissioner for schedule imbalance. Toronto doesn't come back this way again this year.
    That's actually a good thing.

Liked 144 Times in 80 Posts
    I could see all kinds of new plays. There's the new twist on the hidden ball trick - just throw a snowball back to the pitcher instead. On hits to the outfield, players will be rounding the bases while outfielders dig for the ball, but then outfielders will start decoying by digging when they have already found the ball. It could be entertaining for a while on TV, but I wouldn't want to be there.

Twitter
    @crarko
    Liked 776 Times in 408 Posts
    It looks like they may get the opportunity anyway with this noon game.