Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Is it me, or does this team have some SWAG?

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Is it me, or does this team have some SWAG?

Just seems the new faces on this team have seemed to put a little spark in this group. I am actually enjoying watching this team and even the losses have (for the most part) been entertaining. Something that last year was not the case. Many times last year being down 3-0 or similar was just time to turn off FSN and watch Archer or something else to cheer me up.

Now I actually sit and watch and feel there may be a chance for the comeback from the little fish still trying to evolve teeth. Plus I love Kubel's play so far as everyone laughed when I selected him for the final pick in my fantasy draft.

Keep it up all year and I'll take my over bet on 66.5 wins

2. This user likes LC34's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Reider (04-18-2014)

Senior Member All-Star Hosken Bombo Disco's Avatar
    Liked 489 Times in 285 Posts
    It's you, it's the team, AND it's the swag

4. This user likes Hosken Bombo Disco's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Reider (04-18-2014)

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
    Just doing my part I guess haha

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Liked 110 Times in 70 Posts
    Yoloswag

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 378 Times in 232 Posts
    And the swag is coming without Oswaldo Arcia in the lineup. Here I thought he was the sole swag bearer on the team.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 88 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    And the swag is coming without Oswaldo Arcia in the lineup. Here I thought he was the sole swag bearer on the team.
    You kidding me?

9. These 5 users like Jaykay's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Brock Beauchamp (04-20-2014), chuchadoro (04-18-2014), snepp (04-18-2014), Trautmann13 (04-18-2014), USAFChief (04-18-2014)

Senior Member Triple-A Paul Pleiss's Avatar
    Twitter
    @baseballpirate
    Liked 97 Times in 66 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Swag master himself, Danny Valencia, started a game at 2nd base for the Royals this season; it was the swaggiest move ever. But yes, this team seems to have an "edge" or whatever you want to call it. To use a Gardy-ism, this team is hungry, they're "getting after it" and they look like they're having fun.

11. This user likes Paul Pleiss's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Reider (04-18-2014)

What happened to Hicks trying to bunt for hits?

Oops wrong thread

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 59 Times in 48 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Kubel has some Swag. He was pretty confident despite his spring training. Colabello has to have some too for walking away from a million dollars to stay and compete for a spot on the team with no guarantees. I have been real impressed with Suzuki so far and he looks to be a huge bargain so far this season. now if only we can find some value in the rotation we could be on to something.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It does...and I believe it starts with Kurt Suzuki and supplimented with guys like colabello and kubal and perkins and bruno

Senior Member Triple-A DocBauer's Avatar
    Liked 173 Times in 98 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I have a close friend in the organization who snuck in a recorder to the clubhouse during ST just before the season started. Here are some edited excerpts.

Dozier: Everyone doubted me last season. I'm gonna prove it to them.

Kubel: Everyone thinks I'm done at 31. I got a lot left.

Colabello: Well everyone doubted me for years in independent ball, then AA, then AAA, now I'm going to show them.

Plouffe: Im a former 1sr round pick who outgrew my position, had to learn another, and took some time to figure stuff out. Everyone is so impatient.

Suzuki: I can play. And I can hit. But I got sort of worn out and bounced around. Give me a chance to play and settle down and I promise I'll produce better.

Gardy and the whole coaching staff: Let's give 'em all a great big s**t burger to eat.

Senior Member All-Star Hosken Bombo Disco's Avatar
    Liked 489 Times in 285 Posts
    Doc, I hope you are right. Last year on May 13 the twins record was 18-17 and we know how that turned out. I hope the guys in the clubhouse are being coached to carry this plate discipline through a full 162 game season and that when the hitting does start to lag that the starting pitching will be there to pull its weight.

We were 18-17 last year? How did we win 18 games?

19. This user likes tmerrickkeller's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Hosken Bombo Disco (04-20-2014)