Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Twins@Royals 4/18 7:10PM

Liked 2,286 Times in 1,283 Posts
    Blog Entries

Game Thread: Twins@Royals 4/18 7:10PM

Game-time forecast:
    Clear. Winds blowing out to left field at 5-10 m.p.h. Temperature around 65.

Twins:
    SP, Nolasco

Darin Mastroianni LF
    Brian Dozier 2B
    Joe Mauer 1B
    Chris Colabello RF
    Trevor Plouffe 3B
    Josmil Pinto DH
    Kurt Suzuki C
    Aaron Hicks CF
    Pedro Florimon SS

Royals:
    SP, Vargas

Aoki RF
    Infante 2B
    Hosmer 1B
    Perez C
    Gordon LF
    Butler DH
    Moustakas 3B
    Maxwell CF
    Escobar SS

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things to Think about:

1. The Royals -- It's our 2nd look at them. Our 1st look at them was wonderful. This time it's in Kansas City. They've hit a couple more homeruns so maybe the bats are starting to unthaw a little. I imagine that Royals fans are saying finally... Everytime they've hit the ball over the fence. Because I imagine that's what we'd be saying on Twins Daily if the Twins couldn't find the seats.

2. 8-7 -- The Twins are over .500 for the 1st time since last May? Since 1965? It's been awhile... The Twins are just a half game out of first place. It's time to start making those pennant chase deals. The D-Backs may be sellers. Let's go get... Umm... Matt Williams?

3. 8 Walks in 1 inning -- I'm not sure what happened last night actually happened. 8 walks in one inning. How does an entire bullpen lose it like that...at the exact same time. 3 different pitchers combined for that moment in time. 6 Runs scored on 1 hit... UN-REAL.

4. Chris Colabello -- I'm loving it. Nuff Said...

5. Barbecue -- I'm a fan of Kansas City barbecue. That Tomato and Molasses based sauce is right in my kitchen. Kansas City really doesn't have an original style. It became Kansas City original by melding different styles from across the country. If it wasn't for the Barbecue... There would be little reason to slow down when driving south on I-29... And... They barbecue everything... Memphis and the Carolina's are known for what they do to Pork... Texas is known for Beef. Kansas City will barbecue anything and if they burn the ends... They sell that to you. Kansas City makes it all taste good... Pork... Chicken... Fish... Bicycle Seats.
    Last edited by ChiTownTwinsFan; 04-18-2014 at 03:40 PM.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

Senior Member All-Star Boom Boom's Avatar
    Liked 214 Times in 100 Posts
    I'll have the barbecued bicycle seat as long as it's vinyl polymer and not natural leather.

3. This user likes Boom Boom's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (04-18-2014)

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,927 Times in 1,129 Posts
    I love 'cue. Too bad it gives me heartburn. But sometimes I just go for it anyway.

5. This user likes ChiTownTwinsFan's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (04-18-2014)

Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Guess it was time to give Kubel a day off.

Did Nunez get sent back to AAA then? (No, those aren't related statements. Just two separate thoughts.)

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,281 Times in 685 Posts

8. These 2 users like twinsnorth49's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

BigTrane (04-18-2014), snepp (04-18-2014)

Senior Member All-Star Boom Boom's Avatar
    Liked 214 Times in 100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    Wow, if that sign's still up I need to head there and load up on cornbread and mashed potatoes... as long as they don't have meat in them. Then we'll see who's "hahaha-ing".

Upon further inspection, this place doesn't have mashed potatoes... I'll have to get the cole slaw instead.
    Last edited by Boom Boom; 04-18-2014 at 04:09 PM.

10. These 2 users like Boom Boom's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Hosken Bombo Disco (04-19-2014), twinsnorth49 (04-18-2014)

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 123 Times in 89 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Good lineup against the lefty.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Joe A. Preusser's Avatar
    Liked 165 Times in 95 Posts
    Twins win this series.

13. This user likes Joe A. Preusser's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (04-18-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer sampleSizeOfOne's Avatar
    Liked 484 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post
    Guess it was time to give Kubel a day off.

Did Nunez get sent back to AAA then? (No, those aren't related statements. Just two separate thoughts.)
    Yup, Nunez was the 26th player they allow for double headers.

In yesterday's game thread, it got discussed that they're only allowed to play in the second game if the double header is a make up double header.

And announcers on the Toronto feed were explaining that slight change (that they're only allowed to play in the second game) was due to logistics, in that some AAA affiliates are much further away, and couldn't always make travel arrangements in time for the first game.

Leastways, that's how i understand the reasoning.

As far as a day off for Kubel, it probably also is a day on for Mastrioanni. I hope he has a good game!

They should give Hicks a day off once in a while.

Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Quote Originally Posted by sampleSizeOfOne View Post
    Yup, Nunez was the 26th player they allow for double headers.

In yesterday's game thread, it got discussed that they're only allowed to play in the second game if the double header is a make up double header.

And announcers on the Toronto feed were explaining that slight change (that they're only allowed to play in the second game) was due to logistics, in that some AAA affiliates are much further away, and couldn't always make travel arrangements in time for the first game.

Leastways, that's how i understand the reasoning.

As far as a day off for Kubel, it probably also is a day on for Mastrioanni. I hope he has a good game!
    Yes, but does that mean he is the one sent down, too? I wouldn't expect otherwise, but just wondering.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer sampleSizeOfOne's Avatar
    Liked 484 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post
    Yes, but does that mean he is the one sent down, too? I wouldn't expect otherwise, but just wondering.
    You're right, i was just assuming he'd be sent back down. It doesn't have to be the same person sent down.

But looking at the milb gameday for Rochester, he's listed as available off the bench.

(And Syracuse just got 2 walks, a strike out, a double and a sac fly off of Meyer to go up 3-2, while i'm at it)
    "You have no idea how often I contemplate the wavefunction of baseballs. I've
    lost whole days to the subject.

Sorry, not a joke,"
    ++(a pro physics friend)

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 73 Times in 50 Posts
    You had to bring BBQ into it... ok.

I was born in Fort Worth, so naturally BBQ = beef for me, and nothing beats the beef brisket sandwich from Angelo's. Shhh! Keep it on the down-low...

KC BBQ is nothing to sneeze at, tho, but comparing with Memphis and Carolina styles, I'd say Texas has it all the way. Keep your bike seat. Gimmie some nice, marbled beef brisket or beef ribs, smothered in mesquite goodness.

Oh, baseball?

Now we see if the last series was a fluke. I had the Brew Crew as my NL Dark Horse, and KC as My AL Dark Horse. Are they for real? Can anyone not named Gibson actually pitch for the Twins? Is our offense for real? This looks like a great series, and should answer a lot of early-season questions.
    Feel free to pile on about Suzuki.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 141 Times in 74 Posts
    Bernadino reporting that Bartlett is retiring.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Twitter
    @LoganTibbits
    Liked 203 Times in 123 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Well Jason Bartlett says he plans to retire
    I couldn't be a player because of bad eyesight, so I decided to be an umpire instead.

Twitter
    @crarko
    Liked 775 Times in 407 Posts
    Retire and open a BBQ restaurant.

22. This user likes crarko's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

snepp (04-18-2014)

Liked 85 Times in 63 Posts
    No letting up, Twins! Let's win this series
    Wish I was down there, tonight. Did a road trip there and had the time of my life, though it was really cold that April. Need to see Kauffman with all the remodeling being finished.

Liked 924 Times in 563 Posts
    I'm going to continue to not comment during the game. We have won every time. Figures you guys are talking barbeque. That's what I do for a living.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 73 Times in 50 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crarko View Post
    Retire and open a BBQ restaurant.
    Is there any good BBQ in Mpls any more?
    Out of the loop here... last fave place was Smokehouse on 4th & Lake, don't know if they're still there...
    Feel free to pile on about Suzuki.

Liked 85 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    I'm going to continue to not comment during the game. We have won every time. Figures you guys are talking barbeque. That's what I do for a living.
    So, you comment about not commenting????
    Just kidding....

edit: "during the game" oops, missed that and first pitch hasn't happened.
    Last edited by Jerr; 04-18-2014 at 07:08 PM. Reason: reread original post

27. This user likes Jerr's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Gibby (04-18-2014)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast