Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Article: Twins Minor League Report (4/19-20)

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Twins Minor League Report (4/19/14): Walk-Off in Cedar Rapids

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 813 Times in 513 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It's nice to see both Gilmartin and Johnson getting the Ks. Gilmartin is averaging a K per inning. He was pretty highly thought of when he was drafted but had definitely fallen when he was traded here. Here's to hoping our coaches saw something and fixed it and this is sustainable.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 39 Times in 27 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Trevor May with an impressive outing, cannot wait to unload Correia to get Meyer or himself up here

A few numbers on May for the season (15 & 1/3 IP): 16K; 3 BB; WHIP .783; .167 opp. avg.
    Kind of exactly what we want to see from him.
    Last edited by Twins Fan From Afar; 04-20-2014 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Spelling, etc.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Great to see that start from May. Hopefully he keeps starts like that coming.

If Diamond has another really bad start, is something done with him? DL or released?

So far the CR pitchers haven't been overly impressive apart from Stewart and Slegers. I'd like to see Gonsalves and Thorpe up there soon if things don't start improving with the warm weather. I'm not giving up on anyone by any stretch. I would just like to see some other guys get opportunities with tough competition when they seemed to far better against the same competition as Rosario and others last season.