Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 372 Times in 197 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Twins Minor League Report (4/25): Pitching, Pitching, Pitching

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Rosario has a left flexor mass sprain? Hope its not a ucl problem.

Polanco is so ready to move up and be challenged. The kid is a stud. The middle infield future is bright with Rosario, Meija, Santana, Dozier and Polanco

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 372 Times in 197 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smcginnity View Post
    Polanco is so ready to move up and be challenged. The kid is a stud. The middle infield future is bright with Rosario, Meija, Santana, Dozier and Polanco
    I've seen many players have a terrific offensive month and then it all be downhill from there. That said, I believe in Polanco. I think his future is bright. Due to the move to SS, I'd keep him there at least half the season. That's pretty normal, for the Twins to promote a few guys from FM to New Britain after their All Star break.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 847 Times in 543 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    I've seen many players have a terrific offensive month and then it all be downhill from there. That said, I believe in Polanco. I think his future is bright. Due to the move to SS, I'd keep him there at least half the season. That's pretty normal, for the Twins to promote a few guys from FM to New Britain after their All Star break.
    I was impressed by Polanco's headiness when I saw him play last season. Here with all the pressure of expectations by going on the 40-man, a new league, newly full-time at SS and struggling defensively at SS, and yet he hasn't missed a beat at the plate in the pitching-heavy FSL. Get him on the fast track to New Britain- they need him.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 162 Times in 103 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smcginnity View Post
    Adding to Seth's comment...

The Twins have moved their better prospects in June over the last two years. Arcia (June 14), Sano (June 9) and Buxton (June 23). I wouldn't expect Polanco to move before mid June.

There are a lot of reasons for that timeline.

Most importantly, it give the player a long stretch at the level and it takes more than a hot month.

Additionally, short season leagues begin and drafted players will begin signing so players are naturally getting shuffled.

Minor league all star games are in June and affiliates appreciate having their stars participate.

Waiting until mid June on any prospect will not alter their development.

7. This user likes jorgenswest's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (04-26-2014)