Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Roster Moves?

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    I think Correia's starting days are numbered. He has a lot of bullpen experience and that ERA of almost 8 is completely unacceptable.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the team make a move if his next start is a bad one.

But I have no idea who replaces him at this point. Lots of options, limited roster space.
    Better be May...
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 207 Times in 116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrylos View Post
    Better be May...
    He wasn't very good last night. The Twins are going to want to see more consistency from Meyer and May, but I guess you never know.

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 668 Times in 377 Posts
    I have a hard time believing that their guy who they gave the home opener to as a gift for last year is suddenly going into the dog house this quickly.

I want to believe it, I really do.

Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    The Twins stuck with Marquis until May 28. I don't think they will wait this long to make a move or moves this time around.
    Agreed. My point was really that the Twins won't be afraid to cut bait, even if it's a few million.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,598 Times in 831 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    I have a hard time believing that their guy who they gave the home opener to as a gift for last year is suddenly going into the dog house this quickly.

I want to believe it, I really do.
    If you look at the last six months, the Twins have been pretty ruthless with their demotions, cuts, and waivers.

I don't think they hold any special place for the likes of Correia.

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 668 Times in 377 Posts
    If you look at the last six months, the Twins have been pretty ruthless with their demotions, cuts, and waivers.

I don't think they hold any special place for the likes of Correia.
    I hope not, but they held a special enough place for him that they lined him up for the home opener.

As Bonnes said in his series preview, he's just the kind of guy that this leadership group falls irrationally in love with much to the chagrin of all of us.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 858 Times in 553 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I hope not, but they held a special enough place for him that they lined him up for the home opener.

As Bonnes said in his series preview, he's just the kind of guy that this leadership group falls irrationally in love with much to the chagrin of all of us.
    If the Twins were truly irrational, they'd already have extended Correia.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries

It's possible but I think the Veteran Love Torch may have been passed to Pelfrey. Just a hunch.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 61 Times in 48 Posts
    Blog Entries
    They'll keep Corriea in the rotation. He's had 2 quality starts and just missed a 3rd with 2 bad starts. He is at least pitching innings. That's more than Pelfry is doing and he can't find the plate. Pelfry is more likely to be demoted to the pen. But since his velo is down and he is more wild he may have an injury.... Deduno is definitely the one who should be reinstated to the rotation.

10. This user likes Brandon's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Cris E (04-28-2014)

Blog Entries
    The Twins are not signing Drew, and Bernier is not on the roster. Unless Nunez's arm falls off, he will be getting the call as soon as he's healthy.
    Obviously the Twins haven't signed Drew. With the way Hughes is improving and Gibson is pitching if one more starter pitched like they want to be out there then signing Drew would be the best move we could do for this team. And Twins management should be held accountable for not signing someone like him when we have the available resources and such an obvious need.

Bernier isn't on the roster but is hitting in AAA and has a good defensive reputation. And I don't think it would be too hard to find someone to come off the roster for him to come up either.

Blog Entries
    I'm hoping that 6 isn't true. If the Twins are really committed to winning this year as they've been indicating, it would be foolish to hold Meyer back until say, July- and that's probably what it's going to take for Correia to build up any value in trade.
    The reason it makes sense to wait is now we have more options for pitching in case of injuries start popping up. Around July there is less season to need more options so it makes sense to bring up Meyer and trade Corriea thus burning a pitching option then.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 820 Times in 515 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think Correia's starting days are numbered. He has a lot of bullpen experience and that ERA of almost 8 is completely unacceptable.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the team make a move if his next start is a bad one.

But I have no idea who replaces him at this point. Lots of options, limited roster space.
    I think he gets a few more chances, but I'd put money on Kris Johnson being the first one called up.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by diehardtwinsfan View Post
    I think he gets a few more chances, but I'd put money on Kris Johnson being the first one called up.
    Given how early it is in the season, Johnson is probably the best bet.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 820 Times in 515 Posts
    Blog Entries
    When it comes to any pitcher right now, SSS is a big thing, and there's this little problem with the fact that both Pelfrey and KC are under contract.

Neither Meyer nor May have exactly been unhittable in Rochester. They have both had good starts, and they've had bad starts, and while their numbers aren't bad, basing things like a promotion off of a good start or two is really not a good idea. In Meyer's case, he isn't on the 40 man right now, so I honestly think we need to drop him from consideration. Kris Johnson, Trevor May, Logan Darnell, and even Sam Deduno will all get a shot before Meyer, unless he suddenly becomes unhittable in Rochester. Right now, he isn't there. I fully expect him to be up in September or sometime next season, but I don't see it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123