Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Pelfrey to the bullpen?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Something doesn't seem to be right with Pelfrey. Previous to 2014, his career low in average fastball speed was 92.0 and sat at 92.4 last season.

This season? It's 91.0.

He's also throwing that slower fastball a whopping 79.3% of the time, compared to 72.6% last season.

Age or injury, I have no idea... But he has lost a considerable amount of velocity and, for some reason, is relying more on that not-so-fastball.
    I agree, somethings just not right with him. I really expected Pelf to be a strong part of the rotation.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    what is this warmer weather you speak of? You do know winter is coming....
    Winter is still here, I should of stayed in Ft Myers. Now I can't get into my driveway and am going to just wait til it melts.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 854 Times in 550 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Halsey Hall View Post
    I agree, somethings just not right with him. I really expected Pelf to be a strong part of the rotation.
    60 Day DL might be in the best interests of all concerned.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 134 Times in 82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    Except now they are over .500 a month into the season....this isn't the beginning of the year anymore. Now, they need to decide if they are going to try to win this year, or wait for a future that never comes*. This isn't just Meyer.....it is contributions from unexpected people, and Dozier showing he could be legit, not a one hit wonder. Agreed, they should have signed Santana and not Pelfrey (but they don't understand a concept taught in business school since the 70s), but they didn't. The question is, what should they do now?

*copyright Santana/Hunter
    At this point it's fine to call up Meyer since they have guaranteed an additional year of a possible top of the rotation starter near his prime. Of course they will cycle through anybody and everybody to see if they are anything decent.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345