Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Article: Twins Minor League Report (4/28): The Pitchin' Was Bit... Awesome!

Twins Contributor All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Liked 121 Times in 67 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Twins Minor League Report (4/28): The Pitchin' Was Bit... Awesome!

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 867 Times in 557 Posts
    Blog Entries
    In his third rehab game, Oswaldo Arcia went 0-for-2 with two strikeouts and a walk.
    Is there any underlying significance to Arcia being pulled in all 3 rehab games right after his 3rd Plate Appearance? Are they just being extra careful not to re-injure the wrist? Or is it still not 100% pain-free and fully healed?

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Is there any underlying significance to Arcia being pulled in all 3 rehab games right after his 3rd Plate Appearance? Are they just being extra careful not to re-injure the wrist? Or is it still not 100% pain-free and fully healed?

That's been the plan... Ease him back in.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Truly an amazing night for prospect pitching. WOW!

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Twitter
    @LoganTibbits
    Liked 203 Times in 123 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I've always looked at pitch counts but I've never asked this question. What is considered a good strike percentage?

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 36 Times in 26 Posts
    Was an excellent day for the Twins organization, even with the Twins not playing. Several great pitching performances plus Buxton is back where he belongs on the field, even if it is just EST. Hopefully when he goes back to Fort Myers, he continues where he left off last year and gets promoted soon to AA.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 27 Times in 21 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Starting Buxton in Ft. Myers so he's close to the best training facilities? I thought I'd seen a statement from Rob Antony that he'd be heading to New Britain, though I could be mistaken.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,607 Times in 834 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    I've always looked at pitch counts but I've never asked this question. What is considered a good strike percentage?
    If you're throwing twice as many strikes as balls, you're doing pretty well for yourself.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 568 Times in 372 Posts
    Even their most harsh critic for slow promotions.....me....thinks Buxton should be in FL and the warm weather for now.
    Lighten up Francis....

10. This user likes mike wants wins's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

jokin (04-29-2014)

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 867 Times in 557 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    Even their most harsh critic for slow promotions.....me....thinks Buxton should be in FL and the warm weather for now.
    I might be worse, Mike, but in this case there's no doubt whatsoever..... Buck should take all the time he needs in the warm weather to get his physical health and his timing back to100%.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericchri View Post
    Starting Buxton in Ft. Myers so he's close to the best training facilities? I thought I'd seen a statement from Rob Antony that he'd be heading to New Britain, though I could be mistaken.
    The way Buxton was playing prior to the injury, Ft Myers is the place to be. He wasn't doing much at all earlier, and this way is just a walk down the sidewalk to the Miracle. If he heats up there then consider moving him to NB. If all goes well that's still a good month away.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I agree (yes, even with MWW, ha!) that Ft. Myers is the best place to get Buxton going again. Let him heal, regain confidence and form and such at a level he can have success at, and then push him up. I don't think he'd spend more than a week or two with the Miracle, but just ease him back.

And, Brock is right on the strike percentage. Generally a 2 to 1 ratio of strikes to balls is good.