Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Twins v Dodgers, 4/30 @ 7:10pm CT

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,929 Times in 1,131 Posts

Game Thread: Twins v Dodgers, 4/30 @ 7:10pm CT

Game-time forecast: Mostly cloudy with a 60-percent chance of rain. Winds blowing out to center field at 10-15 m.p.h. Temperature near 45.

Dodgers:
    SP, Greinke

Gordon 2B
    Puig RF
    Ramirez SS
    Gonzalez 1B
    Kemp CF
    Ethier DH
    Uribe 3B
    Butera C
    Crawford LF

Twins:
    SP, Gibson

Dozier 2B
    Mauer 1B
    Plouffe 3B
    Colabello RF
    Kubel LF
    Pinto DH
    Suzuki C
    Fuld CF
    Escobar SS

-----------------------------------------

This space reserved for Brian's thoughts.
    -------------------------------------------------------

Hostess: Reservation Riverbrian party of 1,478... your table is ready. Riverbrian your table is ready.

Riverbrian: Thank You... This way gang!!!

Hostess: A party this large may take a little time to get all the orders prepared

Riverbrian: Umm... Well we are going to go someplace else then.

Things to think about:

1. BASEBALL -- 3 days without baseball is too much for me to endure!!! I'm a baseball junkie and 3 days without baseball leaves me in a tough spot. It's an addiction that I have to my Twins. Just like a meth addict without meth for 3 days... There are serious complications that arise. I actually don't know anyone who is meth addicted but I've heard they rob pawn shops if it goes to long. Just like a coffee addict who shows up to work to find the coffee maker is broken. You snap at people who are telling you that you look nice today and fall asleep in the middle of a budget meeting and you wake up to find that they decided to cut your department's budget because there were no objections. I understand that rain is threatening the game tonight... I don't care... Play the game... I don't care if the players and fans get wet.

2. The Dodgers -- The Dodger nickname was born in Brooklyn circa 1932. It was a shortening of Trolley Dodger to describe Brooklynites who had to avoid getting running over by the Trolley to attend baseball games at a field that was surrounded by Trolley tracks. The Team eventually moved to Los Angelas after Brooklyn failed to satisfy owner Walter O' Malley's desire for a new modern stadium. It was a bold move since California was actually a part of Belize with a population of 79 people at the time of the move. LA got bigger as time went on and some would argue that it's a viable baseball market these days.

3. Big Money -- The Dodgers are loaded with big money talent and they have come to ply their trade in front of Minnesotans and it's dollar store mentality. Tonight we see an expensive pitcher by the name of Zach Greinke take the mound. An expensive SS in Hanley Ramirez and an expensive 1B in Adrian Gonzalez... Expensive CF in Matt Kemp... Expensive 3B in Juan Uribe... Puig cost some money along with an Expensive #9 hitter in Carl Crawford. In comparison... I am also rolling in money. I spent 8 dollars on lunch today.

4. Drew Butera -- Well Well Well... He's back. Despite all the money invested in the LA roster. There he is... hanging out with the big boys. It seems that LA is a little thin at the C position. With AJ Ellis on the D.L... The Mighty Dodgers are rolling with a guy named Federowicz hitting .109 and Butera hitting .190. I'm sure the folks at Dodger Daily are screaming at the front office wondering why they didn't sign Kurt Suzuki or AJ during the off season.

5. Rupert Holmes -- Escape (The Pina Colada Song) "If you like Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain"

First off... I don't like Pino Coladas... Not at all. Not interested.

Second off... I don't like getting caught in the rain... I find that when I get caught in the rain... it makes me walk faster to get out of the rain. It makes my clothes wet and if I'm away from home... I have to sit in wet clothes until they dry naturally. Rain also cancels ball games... nope... not interested at all.

Third off... If I was ever in a situation like the situation described in the song... If I was bored with my wife and answered a personal ad and showed up to meet someone new and it turned out to be my wife who wrote the personal ad. I'll bet you any amount of money that my wife wouldn't see the humor of the situation and somehow her role in the whole fiasco would be glossed over and somehow it would be all my fault. All I could say to counter is "Dang It... When did you start liking Pina Coladas"?
    Last edited by Riverbrian; 04-30-2014 at 05:42 PM.

2. These 2 users like ChiTownTwinsFan's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (04-30-2014), USAFChief (04-30-2014)

Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 206 Times in 115 Posts
    No Hicks or Florimon after such a long layoff...

4. This user likes PseudoSABR's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

USAFChief (04-30-2014)

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,282 Times in 686 Posts
    Colabella.......that's probably how you say it in Italiano. (:

6. These 2 users like twinsnorth49's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (04-30-2014), USAFChief (04-30-2014)

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,929 Times in 1,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    Huh? What are you talking about?

8. These 2 users like ChiTownTwinsFan's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Twitter
    @crarko
    Liked 775 Times in 407 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    Post-surgery.
    Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand. - N. Armstrong

10. These 7 users like crarko's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (04-30-2014), ChiTownTwinsFan (04-30-2014), gil4 (05-01-2014), Hosken Bombo Disco (04-30-2014), Riverbrian (04-30-2014), twinsnorth49 (04-30-2014), USAFChief (04-30-2014)

Senior Member All-Star 70charger's Avatar
    Liked 198 Times in 97 Posts
    Glad to see Escobar playing at shortstop. Florimon's production thus far is completely unacceptable. I would prefer to see Hicks playing center, as this is a singularly unathletic outfield, and Hicks needs playing time. But I understand that they may be trying to ride the hot bat. We'll see how long it lasts for Fuld.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 812 Times in 512 Posts
    Blog Entries
    beautiful night for a baseball game... mid 40s and rain.... reminding me why it is I have no desire to move to Minnesota.

13. This user likes diehardtwinsfan's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (04-30-2014)

Twitter
    @crarko
    Liked 775 Times in 407 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diehardtwinsfan View Post
    beautiful night for a baseball game... mid 40s and rain.... reminding me why it is I have no desire to move to Minnesota.
    I'm still waiting for Moosylvania to start issuing work visas.
    Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand. - N. Armstrong

15. These 2 users like crarko's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (04-30-2014), Riverbrian (04-30-2014)

It will be interesting to see if Butera gets a single to get back at the Twins for trading him.

17. These 2 users like Dbohnk's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (04-30-2014), Riverbrian (04-30-2014)

Liked 85 Times in 63 Posts
    Yeah, back to a baseball game.....I hope

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Had Dish guy on the roof today fixing it, as it went down in Dec. Good to be home and able to watch some baseball on tv.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Joe A. Preusser's Avatar
    Liked 165 Times in 95 Posts
    Wonder if the extra time will help or hurt Gibby, or neithe. Intetesting that we're facing a former offensive black hole without our current 2 offensive black holes. Also interesting that we seem to own Greinke, yet he seems to own everybody else. Should be a fun game.

21. This user likes Joe A. Preusser's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (04-30-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Joe A. Preusser's Avatar
    Liked 165 Times in 95 Posts
    Oh, and BTW, if I were Carl Crawford and I came to the park to see Butera hitting in front of me I might read something unpleasant into it. Or might do something unpleasant to whomever wrote that lineup.

23. This user likes Joe A. Preusser's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (04-30-2014)

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,302 Times in 1,753 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crarko View Post
    Post-surgery.
    You know I hate to be judgmental and all, but that would be one homely chick.

On a more positive note, if they play tonight in this weather, they'll be earning their salaries. Well, except for... no, must not say.

25. These 4 users like ashburyjohn's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

gil4 (05-01-2014), glunn (04-30-2014), longstrangetrip (04-30-2014), Riverbrian (04-30-2014)

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 534 Times in 347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    So, playing tonight? On time? Wearing earlappers? How is the field? Is anyone there?

27. This user likes stringer bell's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (04-30-2014)

Senior Member All-Star Winston Smith's Avatar
    Liked 332 Times in 162 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe A. Preusser View Post
    Oh, and BTW, if I were Carl Crawford and I came to the park to see Butera hitting in front of me I might read something unpleasant into it. Or might do something unpleasant to whomever wrote that lineup.
    Crawford ends up being a second leadoff hitter after the first inning. Makes sense to me instead of Butera who is not likely to get on base. Much better chance to have a runner on when the top of the order comes up.
    This comment brought to you from the Rosedale Mall studio by Hamm's Beer, brewed in the land of sky blue waters.

Liked 85 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    So, playing tonight? On time? Wearing earlappers? How is the field? Is anyone there?
    They are playing tonight, on time probably, inside here, so no earlappers (?), cant see the field (radio here), I'm here, not there.

Hope I was helpful. GO TWINS!!!!

30. These 2 users like Jerr's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Halsey Hall View Post
    Had Dish guy on the roof today fixing it, as it went down in Dec. Good to be home and able to watch some baseball on tv.
    Well I guess I won't be watching, as it's not on FSN, it's on FSN Plus.

Liked 1,284 Times in 742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Halsey Hall View Post
    Well I guess I won't be watching, as it's not on FSN, it's on FSN Plus.
    Channel 450 on Dish, Halsey.

Liked 716 Times in 380 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post
    This space reserved for Brian's thoughts.

Third off... If I was ever in a situation like the situation described in the song... If I was bored with my wife and answered a personal ad and showed up to meet someone new and it turned out to be my wife who wrote the personal ad. I'll bet you any amount of money that my wife wouldn't see the humor of the situation and somehow her role in the whole fiasco would be glossed over and somehow it would be all my fault. All I could say to counter is "Dang It... When did you start liking Pina Coladas"?
    I am having dinner with my high school girlfriend tomorrow night. Fortunately, I have my wife's permission, but I suspect that this will somehow backfire.

34. These 2 users like glunn's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast