Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Article: That's the Ticket: The Birds Return

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 164 Times in 96 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: That's the Ticket: The Birds Return

Nishi looks like he is asking for Divine Intervention to make him a passable player. Sadly, the response he received was "No".

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Kirby_Waved_At_Me's Avatar
    Liked 169 Times in 89 Posts
    All those walks by Jimenez should be good news for Twins hitters. Assuming the trend of patient at bats continues, I'm hopeful the Twins can take advantage early and put some runs on the board.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,603 Times in 832 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_Waved_At_Me View Post
    All those walks by Jimenez should be good news for Twins hitters. Assuming the trend of patient at bats continues, I'm hopeful the Twins can take advantage early and put some runs on the board.
    Yep. If Jimenez is off at all, it's not hard to see this team chasing him in the fourth inning with 5-6 walks.

Let's hope he's off tonight.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Jimenez and Nolasco stats are pretty similar, so this could be a big scoring game, or a very long one.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 25 Times in 18 Posts
    What happened on that play? Just curious. It looks horrible but could actually have been a throw from a lower angle and headed for his glove. Could be a pop fly that is headed for his crotch. How about a little context? Funny picture either way. I never criticized getting Nishi especially when it happened. No reason his Japan numbers couldn't have translated better. Getting him wasn't the problem I had but getting rid of Hardy was. Unproven Casilla, Nishi and Valencia made for a very unstable possibility for the infield which proved to be the case.

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 164 Times in 96 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The look of pain on Nishi's face....priceless. I'm just glad he isn't getting his leg broken.